Associate Research Analyst – Internet & Advertising
What You'll Do:
- Develop into a sector expert within the internet, digital advertising, and social media industries.
- Relentlessly prospect & curate your own network of industry experts in the field, leveraging Edgewater’s established reputation.
- Regularly network with these experts to collaboratively share knowledge & identify industry themes and inflections.
- Author research reports, summarizing the key themes and changes.
- Interpret research for companies/stocks under coverage; collaborate with research team on financial modeling.
- Grow knowledge base by following news flow from the relevant companies: Facebook, Google, Amazon, Snap, Pinterest, TikTok, Twitter.
- Present research themes to institutional investor partners, both remotely and in person.
Requirements to Apply:
- Intellectually curious & capable of an investigative mentality in conducting research.
- Capable of critical thinking and intellectual humility, given the nuance and complexity of this space.
- Exceptional communication skills for networking; prior sales/prospecting experience a significant plus.
- Exceptional project management skills & work ethic; manage a fixed quarterly calendar.
- A track record of success in prior roles.
- Ability to work remotely and independently in addition to a collaborative team environment.
- Data oriented with strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft products.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats as our dynamic & growing firm continues to develop.
- Prior sales, prospecting, or consulting experience a significant plus.
- Prior research & analysis experience a significant plus.
- Prior experience in – and/or knowledge of – the digital advertising, internet, & eCommerce sectors a significant plus.
- Bachelor's degree – a business major is not required, though must be balanced by sales/analysis/investment experience.
- An interest in the stock market, comfortable making company-specific investment calls.
- Substantial opportunity for upside in a dynamic & growing firm.
- Ability to work from brand new offices in downtown Cleveland, on the Flats East Bank.
- Competitive compensation including salary and bonus.
- Company-paid insurance premiums including health, dental, vision, life.
- 401(k) with breadth of investing options.