Sr. Portfolio Analyst - Infrastructure
Department: Infrastructure, Americas
Location: New York Office
Title: Senior Portfolio Analyst
Reports to: Managing Director, Head of Americas Real Assets
At APG our job is to focus on the future. We work to provide sustainable, long-term returns for our pension fund clients, so that their participants can enjoy a good retirement in a livable world. We serve over 22,000 Dutch employers and provide pensions for 4.7 million people in the Netherlands.
APG’s asset management division invests €583 billion (April 2021) in Dutch pension capital. As one of the largest pension fiduciaries in the world, we carefully consider return, risk, and cost, in balance with the social and sustainability performance of each investment we make. We have realized an average return of approximately 7% over the last 20 years and are a global leader in responsible investing. With 700 highly qualified employees working from the Netherlands, Hong Kong and the US, APG Asset Management has diverse in-house expertise to ensure stable, long-term returns.
APG Asset Management US Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of APG and has been investing in the Americas for our clients for over two decades. We manage about 17% of APG’s total AuM ($102.4 billion as of June 2020) out of the New York office. Our staff of 168 professionals works across multiple asset classes, including fixed income, private equity, real estate, infrastructure, hedge funds and alternative alpha.
For more information about APG, visit www.apg.nl/en
About the Role
• Champion financial modeling and otherwise assist in evaluating potential investments (strategy, structure, investment costs).
• Coordinate due diligence workstreams with external advisers, typically including accounting & tax, commercial, legal, technical and environmental due diligence, as well as reviews of potential partners and external managers.
• Assist in preparation of proposals and presentations for APG investment committee as well as for other internal and external audiences.
• Contribute to originating new investment ideas (leveraging off public analysts, networking, industry publications).
• Assist in monitoring current investments (read quarterly reports, meet periodically with management, assist in preparation of investment management reviews).
• In partnership with back- and mid-office, facilitate generation of complete and up-to-date reporting on the existing investments, which includes tracking asset performance , risk profiles, investment costs etc.
• Attend conferences to expand knowledge of market environment and products as well as to network within industry.
• Otherwise fulfill SPA obligations under the APG Investment Process and Investment Management Process.
• Contribute to the on-going portfolio construction research with a view of updating capital allocation targets (top-down) and proactively identifying relevant market trends and developments (bottom-up);
• Contribute to liaison with infrastructure colleagues in Amsterdam and Hong-Kong to exchange ideas and facilitate best investment practices.
Senior Portfolio Analyst will have a clear understanding of private infrastructure equity as an asset class and/or of infrastructure project finance. S/he will have associate-level experience in M&A environment and, potentially, portfolio management expertise. The successful candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
• At least 2-4 years of relevant working experience.
• Demonstrable affinity with the various investment management workstreams, with particular focus on financial modeling and coordinating due diligence.
• Generalist mindset with strong analytical skills and ability to act in an entrepreneurial setting decisively, yet in a disciplined manner.
• University degree in economics or business studies. MBA and/or CFA would be an asset.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, preferably, with a command of Spanish.
Compensation: Based on experience.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter (including compensation expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org
APG Asset Management US Inc. (APG) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by applicable law.