CLIENT INVESTMENT SOLUTIONS STRATEGIST
JOB TITLE: CLIENT INVESTMENT SOLUTIONS STRATEGIST DEPARTMENT: CLIENT SOLUTIONS
REPORTS TO: SENIOR DIRECTOR OF CLIENT INVESTMENT SOLUTIONS
CLASSIFICATION: EXEMPT LOCATION: DALLAS, TEXAS
Position works directly with the Senior Director of Client Investment Solutions to facilitate new client solution efforts and provide support for existing clients and client retention efforts. The primary objective of this position is to provide outstanding client service, create and provide exceptional investment management solutions and facilitate effective communication of investment solutions.
WHO YOU ARE
As the Client Investment Solutions Strategist, you are part of the client solutions team and are passionate about working with and serving others. You excel at identifying, designing and recommending investment and service level solutions for client retention and new business opportunities. Being well rounded, you can provide analytical support regarding matters related to fees/revenues and investment solutions, while also understanding the nuances of client relationship best practices. You are able to develop thought leadership content that provides insight into the factors contributing to capital market dynamics and the economic environment.
You endorse HighGround’s business revenue model, our philosophy of investment management and will maintain current knowledge of our investment performance, investment structure and risk management practices. And, you are someone who is willing to serve as the connector between HighGround’s Investment Division and Client Solutions Division.
Essential duties and responsibilities
YOU ARE EXCELLENT AT:
• Understanding and communicating HighGround’s asset management investment philosophy, asset allocation, investment funds and manager-of-managers approach and investment performance and benchmarks
• Listening and understanding client and prospects needs, assisting with defining and setting objectives, constraints and preferences for portfolio management
• Identifying the type and level of HighGround investment services that best meet the investment portfolio objectives
• Conducting presentations for existing clients and new business opportunities
• Developing fee and revenue analysis for investment strategies
• Assisting with the client onboarding process and effective transition to the client administration team
• Proactively and intentionally stewarding relationships that are assigned, using email, phone and other means as appropriate
• Developing an awareness and working knowledge of investment solutions being used by other industry investment providers
• Collaborating across departments and specifically with Client Solutions, Investment and Marketing team members to create and deliver client proposals
• Utilizing Salesforce to document client and new business development activity and communications
• Participating in Investment Team meetings and outside investment consultant meetings, as requested
• Assisting in preparation of quarterly investment reports
Competencies and qualifications
• A college undergraduate degree in appropriate field required; master’s degree is preferred
• A Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, although progress toward designation will be considered
• 7-9 years of related experience is preferred
• Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook and the ability to learn and utilize internal systems and applications
• Advanced understanding and insights related to all aspects of the investment management process, with the ability to discern relevant observations into recommendations that are actionable and value-added to clients and prospective clients
• Advanced knowledge and specific application of investment principles related to endowment management utilizing a manager-of-managers approach
• Excellent command of English language through verbal, written and interpersonal communication
• Ability to comfortably interact with all levels of clients and internal personnel • Ability to conduct client meetings alone or as the most senior level HighGround representative
• Ability to manage client relationships, including those involving complex investment scenarios
• Ability to maintain a high degree of ethical standards and complete confidentiality at all times
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
• Ability to travel and meet with clients offsite as needed
• Must be a self-motivated team player with strong attention to detail, high level of accountability, organizational skills and the ability to work independently
• Experience with SalesForce is a plus
HighGround has a professional, open office environment
CLIENT SOLUTIONS INVESTMENT DIRECTOR WORKING CONDITIONS
• Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, multi-functional copiers and filing cabinets
• Usually sits to complete job functions, but may walk or stand for brief periods of time (access to sit-to-stand desks for optimal flexibility is provided) • Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Is required to have close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus
• Is required to have the ability to lift files, open cabinets and bend or stand on a stool
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other duties as requested by management, from time to time in its sole discretion. This updated job description supersedes prior descriptions for the same position. Management reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
WHO WE ARE
Our vision is to Protect, Strengthen and Grow our nonprofit clients and charitably minded families. We believe there is no pursuit more important than this; because we believe the work we do now and, in the future, will not only shape our lives, but will empower the many organizations that truly transform lives. This vision forms an authentic pathway to our mission—to be an innovative and vigilant caretaker of the funds and assets entrusted to us by the nonprofits and generous individuals we serve through effective asset management, gift planning strategies and account support services. It is the outcome we work towards together—to have a greater impact on the world and on individual lives. We hope you will decide to join us on this incredible journey.
HighGround is committed to our brand promise and our core values. As such, we expect that you will strive to keep our clients at the center of everything you do, be honest, remain professional at all times, exhibit humility and think outside of the box like our founders did, who were pioneering and visionary when our journey began in 1930.
HighGround offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a progressive medical plan, dental, vision and disability benefits, a retirement plan and more but don’t take our word for it, have a look at what other HighGrounders are saying and learn more about our benefits here: https://www.highgroundadvisors.org/careers.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the HighGround team, please email your resume and cover letter to: HR@highgroundadvisors.org