Investment Banking Associate
Are you looking for exciting new opportunities to expand your career and grow as a leader? How about at a firm steeped in tradition that has been helping clients for more than 100 years? Boenning & Scattergood may be the perfect fit for you!
Established in 1914, Boenning & Scattergood is dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our clients by delivering financial solutions alongside our longstanding traditions of integrity, expertise, and commitment to client service. We respect each of our employees as distinguished individuals who share our belief in the importance of deep product knowledge, local expertise, attention to detail, and personal service.
As a member of our team, you will receive access to research, continuing education, and an open-door policy with senior management. Guided by the principle that the client comes first, we provide you with the tools and autonomy to develop and apply innovative solutions that seek not only to satisfy, but to exceed client expectations.
We are currently seeking an Investment Banking Associates to join our team in our Cleveland and West Conshohocken offices.
Interested in other opportunities? Whether you’re seeking a career in wealth management, public finance, or investment banking, we’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team! Visit https://www.boenninginc.com/our-firm/careers/ to view our open positions.
Under direction of senior bankers, this role works on multiple projects and transactions with primary responsibility of analyzing financial and operating data for trends in financial performance of companies and industries and supporting deal teams in a variety of corporate finance transactions.
- Manage and assist in the preparation of financial models and business valuations.
- Prepare confidential information memorandum.
- Identify and contact potential transaction partners (buyers, investors, lenders, etc.).
- Conduct industry and company-specific due diligence related to transactions.
- Coordinate client and potential transaction partner meetings.
- Attend client meetings.
- Create marketing presentations for potential client engagements.
- Prepare management presentations for potential investors.
- Maintain FINRA compliance files.
- Guide the activities and work product of Investment Banking Interns.
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Fundamental understanding of accounting and corporate finance principles.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Ability to work a demanding schedule and travel.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork orientation.
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics required. MBA, CPA, CFA, or similar credential is a plus.
- Minimum of two (2) years investment banking or related industry experience.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions and/or leveraged finance.
- Extensive financial modeling experience.
- Experience in focused equity analysis or investment banking.
- Experience with S&P Global Market Intelligence preferred.
- FINRA Series 7, 63 & 79 licenses preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.