Senior Manager, Public Markets
Nokia Investment Management Corporation (“NIMCO”), a subsidiary of Nokia, employs a 23-member staff with strong backgrounds in investments, financial management, and pension fund administration. NIMCO is responsible for the general supervision of the pension plans, the 401(k) plans and certain other benefit assets of Nokia. NIMCO maintains offices in Boston, Massachusetts and in Murray Hill, New Jersey.
Responsibilities / Activities:
- Make recommendations to the CIO regarding structure and approach of investing in each public asset class, including the development of investment policy and strategy statements.
- Co-manage the day-to-day oversight of the public market asset classes to achieve long-term performance targets within acceptable risk parameters.
- Manage the day to day oversight of the Defined Contribution (DC) Plan, eg. multi-manager structure and target date fund glidepath.
- Make recommendations to the CIO regarding manager selection and/or termination.
- Ensure a robust manager search and selection process, as well as, managing as necessary an effective transition of assets.
- Define, negotiate, and assist in monitoring the investment management agreements and related schedules.
- Conducting the oversight of external investment managers, which includes semi-annual due diligence visits, and other meetings as required, with each manager.
- Reviewing, analyzing and effectively communicating investment results including the attribution of absolute and benchmark relative investment returns.
- Maintain and develop contacts with the industry in order to conduct appropriate searches and due diligence on investment decisions.
- Work as part of a team to implement best operational and risk management practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, or closely-related field required.
- Eight to ten years of institutional investment experience across multiple asset classes.
- An understanding of fiduciary duty and ERISA.
- Evidence of ability to think creatively and independently.
- Broad, macro understanding of financial markets.
- Well-honed investment instincts and a thoughtful, disciplined approach to investing.
- Ability and interest in managing and mentoring other investment staff.
- Competent in flexible environment while maintaining a high degree of ethics.
- Familiarity with derivatives, leverage and a wide diversity of investment instruments.
- Ten years of institutional investment experience.
- Experience managing and mentoring people.
- MBA, CFA qualification and/or CAIA designation is highly desirable.
- Strong analytically; able to support and refute investment ideas with rigorous and insightful analysis.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships within NIMCO staff, Investment Committee members, external investment managers and service providers.
- Demonstration of integrity and a high degree of ethics.
- Ability to articulate, in basic terminology, various investment strategies. Highly self-confident and persuasive with interpersonal presence to inspire others to want to perform at a high level.
- Ability to travel to external investment managers’ places of business.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Multimanager Strategies Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors