Head of Due Diligence and Mandate Management
Stonehaven is a global private capital markets FinTech platform. Our diverse community of investment bankers and placement agents (Affiliate Partners) strategically connect select investment opportunities with our extensive network of sophisticated investors. Stonehaven supports our Affiliate Partners with a robust broker-dealer infrastructure, our proprietary NEXUS SaaS technology, a collaborative ecosystem, a large universe of active mandates, origination capabilities, marketing services, industry data, and industry insights. We are active across real estate, private equity, venture capital, private credit, hedge funds, long-only strategies, direct private placements, secondaries and M&A. Founded in 2001, today our platform has 100+ professionals, represents 125+ Clients, raised >$1.3B in ‘20 and is rapidly scaling.
The Head of Due Diligence & Mandate Management will maintain day-to-day responsibility for leading the due diligence and onboarding of all varieties of firm Clients, across investment banking, placement agency and secondary trading. The Head of Due Diligence & Mandate Management will also be responsible for reviewing marketing material related to Client offerings to ensure compliance with regulatory guidance. The Head of Due Diligence & Mandate Management will have the opportunity to be a key influencer within the Firm by using their deep understanding of asset types, business risk and process efficiency to allow the Firm to continue to grow at a rapid pace. You will manage a team, report directly to the CEO, and interface with entire executive team in a leadership role.
The Head of Due Diligence & Mandate Management will lead the onboarding team, performing initial and ongoing operational and commercial due diligence on direct investments (investment banking and real estate deals) and alternative investment funds & managers (private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, private equity, real estate, etc.). The successful candidate will have the ability to synthesize information quickly, identify risks and follow process to satisfy firm commercial and regulatory requirements.
- Onboarding & Due Diligence
- Operational and commercial risk assessments will consist of review of a full suite of information related to firm offerings.
- Liaising with the relevant stakeholders on matters related to operational due diligence, including Affiliate Partners and their Clients.
- Consolidate counterparty risk files and document findings for the broader firm.
- Build and maintain industry expertise necessary to effectively engage platform stakeholders and assess adequacy of overall control environment.
- Maintaining periodic communications with Affiliate Partners and Clients to gather updated information related to their business operations and documenting changes that relate to operational risk.
- Marketing Material Compliance
- Act as primary review of all Client marketing material for conformity with regulation and associated firm compliance guidelines.
- Communicate deficiencies and coordinate compliance with relevant stakeholders, including investment bankers, placement agents and Clients.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes and industry trends related to communications with prospective investors and the public more generally.
- Design and build technology and workflows to streamline and improve all elements of mandate onboarding, due diligence, and compliance review for all constituents.
- Continual improve technology user interface of firm offerings through intelligent filtering and engaging content delivery for Affiliate Partners and Investors.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of total work experience including 5-7 years of direct operational due diligence experience across various types of direct investment and asset manager opportunities.
- Understanding of financial markets and structure of investment opportunities.
- Highly organized and proactive individual with keen attention to detail.
- Strong project management and business acumen.
- Technological aptitude and desire to learn new technologies/methodologies and apply them.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, ability to hustle, and a do-whatever-it-takes mentality.
- Works well under pressure with ability to work efficiently on several assignments simultaneously.
- Experience using Salesforce.
- Appropriate securities licenses: Series 24, 7 & 63 (will be required within 3-6 months).
- MBA, CFA, CPA, and/or CAIA not required but viewed favorably.
Sought after Characteristics:
Intelligent, bright, conceptual thinker and a quick learner with the ability to quickly assess a situation and generate new insights and usable ideas. Outstanding reputation of professional integrity with the ability to be immediately, personally credible within the organization and our Affiliate community. An independent entrepreneurial self-starter with the ability to get things done. Leadership skills to achieve the best results working with a high caliber group of individuals. Excellent communication and presentation skills; the ability to articulate clear ideas/strategies, both verbally and in writing, internally and externally. Well-organized, high-energy level/self-starter; must work well in a team environment, especially with other senior level employees
Strong internal and external communication skills and the ability to build relationships with all levels of firm management, Affiliate Partners and Clients.
Commitment: Full-time working remotely, with ability to potentially work in an office in NY or CT.