Brookfield Asset Management is a leading global alternative asset manager with over $365 billion of assets under management. For over 120 years Brookfield has owned and operated real assets with a focus on real estate, infrastructure, renewable power and private equity. Clients can invest in Brookfield strategies via three main channels: public securities, private funds and listed partnerships. The Public Securities Group¹ leverages Brookfield’s core real asset expertise via global listed strategies, including real estate, infrastructure, real asset debt, real asset solutions and opportunistic strategies through a variety of flexible and scalable investment mandates, including separate accounts, registered funds and private funds. The Public Securities Group has been investing in public securities for over 30 years and has over $19 billion of assets under management. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Houston, London, San Diego, Seoul and Toronto. Clients include financial institutions, public and private pension plans, insurance companies, endowments and foundations, sovereign wealth funds and high net worth investors.
The Position: Associate, Corporate Credit
Position Summary: The position involves the analysis of high yield and investment grade corporate debt issues for the firm’s corporate credit investment strategies. Focus will be on credits (bonds and loans) with real asset characteristics, specifically infrastructure, real estate and natural resource related credits. The ideal candidate is an investment professional wishing to make significant contributions to global fixed income portfolios within a team-based environment, and within a growing business.
Recommendations are made to the Portfolio Managers in order to assist in making the best and most informed investment decisions.
- Undertaking fundamental research and recommending securities for inclusion in the global fixed income portfolios. Research includes analyzing financial statements, financial modeling, attending management meetings, reviewing bond covenants, and evaluating inputs from the broader firm and external research firms.
- Participating in investment team meetings and offering research perspective on portfolio construction.
- Forming independent views and assumptions on credits, markets and/or regions utilizing best in class research to determine buy/sell decisions in a collaborative investment process.
- Monitoring industry-related transactions or trends for implications to companies in portfolio.
- Assisting other divisions within the Public Securities Group (Marketing, Client Service, Operations) for data analytics of portfolios/accounts.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or related field.
- 2+ years of investment experience.
- Demonstrated quantitative, data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent thinker willing to challenge convention. Willing to present ideas with precision, passion and conviction.
- Strong proficiency with Bloomberg, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- The following would be considered assets:
- successful completion of, or current enrollment in the CFA program
- experience covering real asset related industries from a fixed income perspective
- experience with databases (Access, SQL) and Python
- Candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship.
- Approximately 10-20% travel required.