Portfolio Administrator, Trade Desk and Back Office Operations
Portfolio Administrator, Trade and Back Office Operations
Dixon Mitchell Investment Counsel is a national asset management firm providing investment solutions and advisory services for institutions, foundations, endowments, and affluent private clients. A steward of client wealth since 2000, we currently manage $3.2 billion in assets. Our culture is built around business integrity, client service, and the alignment of corporate and investor interests. Dixon Mitchell is based in Vancouver and has a presence in Calgary and Toronto.
We are looking for an experienced Portfolio Administrator to join our Trade Desk and Back Office Operations Team. The Trade Desk Team resides within the back-office of Dixon Mitchell Investment Counsel Inc. and is comprised of trade operation professionals. We place a high value on our team spirit, camaraderie and creating a culture where each of us has an opportunity to succeed. We are a solution-oriented and a collaborative team seeking like-minded individuals who thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment.
Your core values are honesty, integrity, and transparency that help you in maintaining your high work ethics. You can combine your enthusiasm, passion, curiosity, education and experiences to see the bigger picture, focus on the details, solve complex problems and communicate your ideas effectively to a broad range of people.
You are persistent enough to try again when others might give up. Our Trade Desk team show these qualities every day and we are looking for like-minded individuals.
- Modelling and executing daily trade orders for client accounts
- Liaising with brokers and custodians to ensure best price and efficient trade settlement.
- Processing FX, reconciling accounts, reviewing data, and troubleshooting issues
- Preparing monthly, yearly, and ad-hoc investment reports within assigned deadlines
- Working with Portfolio Managers and Client Services to interpret and take action on client requests and requirements for investment and non-investment matters
- Using advanced technologies and systems to ensure smooth operation of Trade Desk and Back Office processes
- Maintaining accurate data and constantly working on improving Trade Desk and Back Office workflows in order to maximize efficiency and minimize risk
- Working with the Trade Desk team on projects and other duties assigned from time-to-time, based on changing business environment and priorities
- Adhering to all internal controls and processes to proactively perform all duties with high accuracy and diligence in the fast-paced environment
- Expanding current knowledge of investment markets, practices, and trends by following market events, industry news, and innovative technologies
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Finance, Math, or Computer Science, CFA is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Excel as well as strong technical skills are a must. VBA Macro is an asset
- Knowledge of Advent's Axys & Moxy is an asset
- Interest and knowledge of the capital markets
- Great communication and creative problem-solving skills
- Disciplined nature and attention to detail
- Resourceful, self-starter with a passion for learning and sharing expertise
- Aptitude for technologies an asset
Dixon Mitchell offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefit plan.
Individuals meeting the criteria above are encouraged to submit their resume in confidence by Tuesday, August 24th, 2021. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only selected individuals will be contacted for follow-up.