NEXT Research Analyst
About the Role
Morningstar is launching a new team within the Research Group to illuminate asset types that represent important or growing parts of investor portfolios, but that Morningstar does not presently categorize, rate, or otherwise cover. The team’s research remit will be broad and diverse, stretching from established “real” assets like timberland and fine art to novel intangible assets like cryptocurrencies and non-fungible tokens (NFTs). This role will be responsible for publishing research on a subset of these heterogeneous asset types (which we’ll work with you to define) and partnering with colleagues across the broader Research Group to develop scalable methodologies that classify or evaluate those asset types. The role will report to Morningstar’s Director of New and Experimental Research and is situated within the Morningstar Equity Research department.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research on several asset types presently uncovered by Morningstar.
- Determine the appropriate level of research depth and time commitment to personally invest in each asset type.
- Publish informative and insightful research--ranging from deep-dive white papers to timely notes on major events--aimed at a diverse audience of investors.
- Partner with colleagues across the Research Group to develop methodologies that help investors understand, compare, and evaluate investments for the asset types you research.
- Represent Morningstar in the media and at conferences on your areas of expertise.
- Help to develop and manage a framework through which Morningstar will evaluate which asset types merit further investment of organizational resources to scale data collection, launch methodologies, and deploy resultant IP across Morningstar platforms and products.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree and/or CFA preferred.
- More than 3 years of experience in investment research and data.
- Proactive and positive attitude and a team player
- Entrepreneurial and creative mindset
- Irrepressible intellectual curiosity
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and succinctly.
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills.
- Adept with Microsoft Excel; experience or interest in Python or R a plus
- Effective time management skills
- Comfortable taking the initiative and working without detailed guidance or supervision
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Finance - General CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Finance - General CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Finance - General CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Finance - General CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors