Global Head of Advice and Asset Allocation
When you step into SEI – anywhere in the world – you know you’re not inside a traditional financial services company. We have no offices. Our open innovation spaces spur creativity, the provocative artwork inspires conversation, and the flexible work-life balance drives personal and professional growth. We are a place to inspire your work, build your voice, and grow your community. We’re different. And we’re proud of it.
SEI’s Investment Management Unit (IMU) has an immediate opening for an executive level investment professional to lead our Global Advice Team. This team is responsible for delivering investment advice, including custom asset allocation models, to a broad range of global clients including Defined Benefit & Contribution plans, Endowments & Foundations, Private Banks and High Net Worth Individuals.
What you’ll do:
- The Candidate will lead a team of senior investment professionals creating and implementing SEI’s asset allocation models, driving innovative asset class research and providing thought leadership on portfolio construction and risk management.
- Design, implement and evolve the philosophy, policies and procedures for SEI’s Global Asset Allocation effort including capital market assumptions, goal-specific portfolio optimization and rebalancing protocols incorporating both traditional and alternative asset classes.
- Manage team personnel, including setting performance objectives, providing regular performance reviews, recruiting, assigning responsibilities and managing work flow. This will include at least annual reviews of staffing and expense budgeting, which will be incorporated into the broader planning effort for SEI’s Investment Management Unit.
- Collaborate with other leaders of the Investment Management Unit in coordinating efforts including Investment Strategy, Risk Management, Technology and Operations.
- Provide written and oral communications regarding total portfolio level strategy and performance to SEI’s market units and directly to both current and prospective end clients.
What you bring to the table:
- Deep knowledge of strategic asset allocation principles, including past and present academic literature and industry advances in portfolio theory.
- A high level of familiarity with client specific approaches to asset allocation including liability-driven investing, cash flow driven investing, glide-path retirement accounts etc…
- Must possess a broad understanding of risk management and mitigation techniques in the context of portfolio construction (non-normality, behavioral finance etc…)
- Broad understanding of the risk, return and correlation characteristics of equity, fixed income and alternative asset classes. Familiarity with all implementations including Funds (UCITS and RIC), ETFs, SMAs and SPCs as well as all security types including futures, options and swaps required.
- Ability to lead of team of seasoned investment professionals. Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to present to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team; strong interpersonal skills and work ethic. Organizational skills, attention to detail, and eagerness to take initiative and accountability
- CFA designation and/or advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant investment industry experience.
- Working knowledge of portfolio analytics, portfolio risk management, and related tools (e.g. BlackRock Aladdin, Bloomberg, portfolio management software, etc.)
What you bring to the table:
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills. Detail oriented and ability to synthesis data and make deductive decisions.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and presentation skills for internal/external audiences as well as strong listening and questioning skills
- Robust organizational skills and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Willingness to take initiative, exercise independent judgment and act decisively
- Naturally curious and inquisitive
SEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and so much more…
After 50 years in business, SEI is a leading global provider of investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions. Reflecting our experience within financial services and financial technology our encompasses an open floor plan and numerous art installations designed to encourage innovation and creativity in our workforce. We recognize that our people are our most valuable asset and that a healthy, happy, and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. At SEI, we’re (literally) invested in your success. We offer our employees paid parental leave, back-up childcare arrangements, paid volunteer days, education assistance, and access to thriving employee networks.
SEI is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.