The Investment Analyst will provide key support to the Board’s entire investment staff - including specific program implementation, research, and technical assistance with a focus on private partnership and publicly traded real estate and real asset investments.
- Perform in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis of existing and prospective investment organizations, strategies, and the design and execution of investment processes.
- Research, source, and assess new investment opportunities.
- Monitor and conduct due diligence on existing and new investments and nurture new and existing external investment relationships.
- Participate in selection and recommendation of new investment opportunities.
- Make strategy(strategic) recommendations for investment portfolios.
- Participate in the legal and business negotiations process associated with all new and existing investments.
- Professional Growth Opportunities
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive benefit packages
- Access to regional, no-cost health centers
- Excellent retirement options, including Defined Benefit or Defined Contribution plans
- Generous Paid Vacation and Sick Leave and Holidays
- Look here to see the additional benefits!
Our foundation of success is having an effective and dedicated team built on mutual trust and respect. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment which allows you and the team to succeed. Our team has clear goals that are encouraged through compensation, recognition, and growth opportunities.
Learn more about the Montana Board of Investments here.
- Working knowledge of capital markets, economics, and investments.
- Ability to adhere to investment processes and expected outcomes as implemented and measured by the Board of Investments.
- Ability to fully engage and participate within the Board’s investment missions, policies, governance structure, and remain consistent with best practices, ethics, and the professional investment discipline required within a multi-billion-dollar institutional setting.
- Sufficient knowledge in real estate and real asset investment strategies, capital markets, finance, economics, corporate landscape, regulatory and political environment, and provide timely and defendable insight to investment staff
- Solid communication skills
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics and 1 to 3 years of experience in the field of real estate, real assets, accounting, banking, insurance, or investment management
Willing to train the right candidate. However, CFA/CAIA certification or progress toward certification preferred. Experience requirement may be waived for progress toward CFA or CAIA or other relevant certificates of achievement or additional relevant degree and or course work.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.