We are seeking an experienced equity analyst to assist in the development and oversight of the firm's equity investment strategies. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a commitment to fundamental, relative-value based investment principles, and a history of analyzing and recommending equity securities for inclusion in portfolios. The analyst will spend the majority of their time identifying new investment opportunities and monitoring portfolio holdings in various sectors and asset classes. In addition, all analysts participate in regular investment meetings, and are asked to contribute to the discussion and evaluation of ideas proposed by other team members.
- Develop New Investment Ideas: Identify new actionable investment ideas using independent research and fundamental, relative-value analysis. Prepare research reports and documentation and make recommendations to the equity investment committee.
- Maintenance Research and Industry Coverage: Monitor existing security holdings in the various equity strategies.
- Investment Committee Meetings: Actively participate in investment committee meetings to improve the overall quality of our research and investment process.
- Portfolio Analytics: Use analytical software to perform portfolio modeling, sensitivity analysis, performance attribution, and regular portfolio monitoring and maintenance activities.
- Equity Trading
- Client Relationships and Marketing: Assist with research and preparation of materials for presentations to current and prospective clients.
- Business development responsibilities.
- Three to Five years of equity securities analysis experience.
- Passed CFA Level II exam. Taking Level III in the future.
- In-depth knowledge of the investment industry, finance, accounting, and economics. Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent in Bloomberg, Excel, Word, Outlook. Knowledge of Advent software (APX and Moxy) would be beneficial but not required.