Real Estate Index Management Researcher
MSCI is a market leader in Global Indexes, Smart Beta, ESG and Risk Management, and is at the forefront of the secular trends dominating the financial services landscape today. We are committed to the future sustainability and transparency of the financial markets. We create innovative products and services that allow our clients to make more informed investment decisions, and we provide investors with critical performance measurement and risk management data and analytics. Click here to see what we do (link to MSCI brochure) https://www.msci.com/who-we-are/about-us
The MSCI Index Management Research team is part of the MSCI Research and Product Development organization and is responsible for the ownership and evolution of all index methodologies that cover the Equity, Fixed Income and Real Estate asset classes. The group also is centrally focused on improving product quality through close collaboration with the Product, Client Coverage, and Technology and Data Services organizations. The team is currently based in Geneva, Mumbai, New York, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Monterrey and Manila.
As a Senior Associate (SA) of Index Management Research (IMR) in Monterrey, you will be a primary point for the client base in the Americas related to Real Estate index methodology topics (e.g., index quality, market size estimation, methodology consultations). This will include time interacting directly with clients through query response and within meeting calls. The SA will also interact as an important liaison between internal teams such as IT, DCS, Program management, Coverage, Product Management in helping to manage project work streams.
- Become a central point for clients for methodological and research-based queries in the region.
- Coordinate cross functional engagements with research/other teams on a wide range of index methodology topics across our entire suite of index offerings (including Equity and Fixed Income indexes) with a focus on the MSCI Real Estate Indexes.
- Contribute to ensure that our index methodologies remain consistent across markets, that the construct is robust and comprehensive, and that methodologies are dictated by a framework centered on market practice and aligned with client expectations
- Contribute to the development of index methodologies with a focus on standardization, market representation and regulatory compliance
- Co-author key real estate publications such as the annual real estate market size assessment and annual valuation accuracy reports
- Assist in formulation of methodological proposals (such as new index launches, methodology enhancements, etc.) and presentations of market driven client consultations to the Real Estate Index Committee
Requirements: • 5-7 years direct or financial industry experience • Some Real Estate investment practice experience preferred • Some knowledge around the fundamentals of index investing and construction • A basis of knowledge and familiarity around the concepts of index maintenance and portfolio management • Ability to clearly communicate to a variety of both internal and external stakeholders • Ability to work and drive central initiatives independently, and maximizing efforts to ensure team efficiency • Some experience and comfortability in client engagements will be key to success in the role • Very good quantitative knowledge and analytical skills • Fluency in English • Advanced degree and/or CFA preferred • Advanced excel techniques / data visualization techniques such as Power BI preferred • Exposure to programming languages (such as SQL, R, Python etc.) is desirable