High Yield Trader, Fixed Income
The Fixed Income Trader will work as part of a trading team supporting Senior Traders and Portfolio Managers to invest client portfolios consistent with LGIMA’s investment strategy views, with a focus on High Yield Credit Strategies
- Execute corporate bond trades as directed by Portfolio Managers across multiple sectors and portfolio strategies.
- Work closely with Senior Traders and Portfolio Managers on portfolio construction and m
- Identify and have a comprehension of relative-value trade ideas within specific issuer names and sectors.
- Evaluate offerings and pitch trade ideas to the portfolio management team based on mandate suitability.
- Develop relationships with existing Wall Street sales, trading and syndicate desks.
- Monitor portfolio position weights and risk analytics compared to benchmarks and targets.
- Monitor trade orders to ensure they fall within compliance and client guidelines.
- Review and resolve any potential post trade compliance breaches.
- Work alongside Investment Grade team and develop a solid understanding of the Investment Grade market. May be needed to backup Investment Grade.
- Liaise with other departments internally, including: LDI/Solutions, Index, Legal/Compliance, Sales/Marketing, and Investment Operations.
- Collaborate with Senior Traders on creating marketing presentation and reports for clients.
- Must be a self-starter, willing to take initiative when not given direct tasks and display a willingness to work in a team environment with the common goal of building a top-tier central trading desk.
- Ability to transact on an array of electronic trading platforms, including MarketAxess, Bloomberg and Tradeweb, as well as other traditional venues.
- Basic understanding of relative value across Fixed Income.
- Experience trading loans preferred.
- Bloomberg and Excel skills required.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate views on trading.
- Basic understanding of Fixed Income fundamentals with a willingness to progress your knowledge further.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and time constraints and to multi-task well.
- Ideally 3-7 years of experience in a Fixed Income trading environment, with a preferred focus on High Yield Credit.
As an EOE employer, Legal & General Investment Management America will extend equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, and/or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. (2020)