Executive Director, Burridge Center for Finance
The University of Colorado Boulder's Leeds School of Business encourages applications for an Executive Director for The Burridge Center. The Burridge Center provides a forum for the exchange of ideas, particularly in the following areas of focus in which we aim to be internationally recognized thought leaders: asset management & corporate valuations, relationships between financial assets and their markets/institutions, and investments with an environmental, social, and governance (ESG) focus. The Executive Director enables the Center to serve as a bridge between Leeds and the finance community locally, nationally and internationally. The Executive Director is responsible for a) effectively managing the Center’s Advisory Board & external relationships by providing a forum for collaboration (conference, panels, etc.); b) generating community engagement in activities that enable effective learning experiences for students interested in finance (case competitions, Career Treks, utilize current network to support events, workshops and collaborations with student organizations at Leeds); and c) engaging the community as mentors to students, providers of internship/job opportunities, as professional network partners to students and provide a conduit for philanthropic opportunities.
Involvement in co-curricular activities such as student managed fund, Investment Banking Seminar and the Deming Center Venture Fund is also anticipated. The Executive Director also supports the College and University in other ways by serving on committees, supporting projects in the areas of the Center’s expertise, and representing the School/University in areas related to the Center’s focus.
Who We Are
The Burridge Center for Finance develops and support programs, resources and events that enhance the student experience, engage our alumni and support faculty research. The Burridge Center provides a forum for the exchange of ideas, particularly in the following areas of focus in which we aim to be internationally recognized leaders with vision: asset management & corporate valuations, relationships between financial assets and their markets/institutions, and investments with an environmental, social, and governance (ESG) focus.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Leadership in Finance and Investments
- Build the international reputation of the Leeds School of Business as an inspiring leader in the areas of: asset management & corporate valuations, relationships between financial assets and their markets/institutions, and investments with an environmental, social, and governance (ESG) focus.
- Work with the Leeds Marketing and Communications team to raise the Center’s (inter)national visibility by developing networks nationally and globally with influential community members, relevant national and international professional associations, and other organizations in order to showcase the signature programs/experiences of the Center and its affiliated students and faculty.
- Evidence of thought leadership will include positive press mentions of the Burridge Center related activities/research/students/faculty, positive reputation/rankings among Directors of other Centers, and (inter)national business community recognition of Burridge Center excellence.
- Work with the Burridge Center Research Director to encourage broad faculty engagement with the Center and to showcase faculty excellence related to Burridge Center themes.
- Share ideas for new Burridge Center related programs and initiatives internally with the appropriate parties (e.g., Finance Division Chair and Burridge Research Director for course/research considerations and Director of Operations for student-facing co-curricular activities).
Cultivate External Access and Affiliation
- Build and facilitate business community connections to engage with students in the Burridge Center or other Leeds related initiatives, develop relationships that contribute to placement (or internships) of Leeds students, and provide philanthropic support of the Leeds School. This may also include identifying finance related executive education opportunities to meet the needs of the business community.
- Build positive relationships with the business community (including professional organizations like the CFA, CFP, CAIA, etc.), engendering excitement at engaging with the Burridge Center within this community, and effectively managing the advisory board and relationships with its member.
- Partner effectively with the Leeds Advancement team, Leeds Marketing and Communications, and other Leeds employees with externally facing roles (e.g., career team members, other Center staff).
- Engage successfully with current, and new partners, to encourage financial support and commitment to the Burridge Center.
Collaboration with other Leeds Centers and the Leeds Budget Office
- Partner with the Center’s Director of Operations to provide insights into the formulation of the annual budget consistent with the goals of the Center and the School, and effectively manage budget expenditures.
- Seek out productive collaborations with other Leeds Centers that advance to goals and mission of the Center.
What You Should Know
- This is a 50% appointment.
- Job-related travel required.
- Relocation assistance is available.
- This position will play a large role in raising awareness and external partner development. The role is focused on national and international relations, expanding our network and securing long-term financial support.
- Leadership skills are integral for the success of this role. Please note that this position will not directly supervise employees.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution in finance or a business field related to finance or similar related experience in the field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6 or more years of finance-professional related experience.
What You Will Need
- Influential national (or global) networks in at least one of the following areas: asset management & corporate valuations, relationships between financial assets and their markets/institutions, and investments with an environmental, social, and governance (ESG) focus.
- Proven experience working effectively with executive level individuals, and demonstrated ability to build support for programs, initiatives or ideas among this constituency.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals from executives, to academics, administrators and students.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, including high comfort level and skill in engaging large audiences.
- Ability to think strategically and translate trends and developments into ideas for Burridge Center related initiatives, including the ability to garner wide input and support across partner groups for new insights.
- Passion for higher education and developing students.
- Familiarity with budgeting and financial accounting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Travel is required.
- Priority placed on creating an inclusive work environment.
What We Would Like You to Have
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited institution in finance or a business field related to finance or similar related experience in the field.
- Experience working at the Executive or C-level.
- 15+ years of finance-professional related experience.
- Demonstrated skills in collaborating across academic divisions and university entities, business school experience preferred.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by August 15, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.