STERLING CAPITAL - EQUITY ANALYST POSITION – VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
The Equity Opportunities Group of Sterling Capital Management, an $80 billion registered investment advisor, seeks an experienced equity analyst based with the team of six professionals in Virginia Beach, Virginia. The analyst hired will join a seasoned and successful investment team that has exhibited an attractive record of outperformance over the last 20 years. The successful candidate will face a broad array of challenges, including monitoring current equity investments and those under consideration, modeling, maintaining various spreadsheets and databases, authoring commentaries needed for client communications and marketing, support of product specialist teams, and generation of investment recommendations as a generalist to the entire team. To be considered, a candidate should present these skills:
- Experience in fundamental bottoms-up analysis, and in recommending picking stocks, delivering recommendations (orally and in writing) in an organized and impactful manner
- Comfort in exchanging ideas in a group setting among peers, and defending the investment merits of recommended ideas
- Independent thought and fact based analysis is highly valued
- Demonstrated writing history that may be used to assist the team with quarterly commentaries and individual securities write-ups
- A keen interest in the equity markets, and a desire to be engaged with the markets daily
- The ability to travel as needed to research conferences and/or client meetings
Candidate should have experience working on the buy-side or sell-side in an equity research capacity for at least 5 years, and hold at least a bachelor’s degree. The team offers strategies that span growth, core and value. A CFA designation or MBA preferred but not mandatory.
Interested candidates should submit their resume together with references to Griffith Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org.