Director, Investor Relations
At Parkland, our purpose is to Power Journeys & Energize Communities. We are a prominent independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. As One Parkland team, we proudly serve diverse retail, commercial and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region, and South America. We power a growing family of locally known brands including Fas Gas Plus, Pioneer, RaceTrac, Superpumper, Ultramar, Chevron, Esso, and ON the RUN.
We recognize that diversity gives us an edge and inclusion propels us forward. We’re also a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster. As such, we welcome talented individuals that have a variety of perspectives, backgrounds, and industry experience who will contribute to the success of our One Parkland team.
Position Title: Director, Investor Relations
Team and Location: Corporate Services – Calgary, Alberta
Reporting to the Vice President of Capital Markets and FP&A, the Director, Investor Relations will be responsible for the implementation, management and execution of Parkland’s Investor Relations strategies; the successful candidate will ensure that Parkland is a market leader in communicating with the capital markets, including research analysts and debt and equity investors, and identify new and innovative ways to further position Parkland’s standing in the investment community.
- Manage Parkland’s investor relations strategy and all written material describing business initiatives and financial results for conference call scripts, interim and annual reports, news releases, corporate presentations, etc.
- Work closely with other internal stakeholders to help manage and shape other public disclosure such as annual information forms, sustainability reports, etc.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with the senior management, finance and operations teams to develop and maintain a deep understanding of Parkland’s business, strategy, markets, operations, and financial performance.
- Act as a primary contact for the investment community (including buy side and sell side analysts) and provide prospective and current investors with an accurate communication and portrayal of Parkland’s business, performance, and future prospects.
- Organize and participate in investor road shows, industry and investor conferences, retail meetings and investor field trips.
- Provide capital markets perspective to acquisition and financing discussions and support related roadshow activity as required. Provide external communication support during acquisition processes to ensure quality and brand adherence in all acquisition-related communication.
- Conduct research and analysis on Parkland’s financial results, valuation, stock performance and shareholder perceptions, as well as broader items such as Parkland peer group benchmarking, industry trends, and capital markets activity to provide feedback and insight to senior management.
- Work closely with the firm’s ESG team (including as a member of Parkland’s sustainability task force) to help shape Parkland’s ESG reporting and strategies. This includes communicating with various ESG rating agencies, interacting with sustainability focused investors, and maintaining up to date knowledge of the evolving ESG landscape.
- Support the management of Parkland’s external website, in particular the Investor Relations landing pages, and provide input on content development, new features, and writing/editing.
- Work closely with Parkland’s Corporate Communications team to write and produce drafts of all press materials including media advisories, news releases, and media talking points.
- Support senior management on critical incidents impacting public relations as they arise.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Greater than seven years of experience in investor relations or related capital markets experience (sell-side, buy-side, investment banking, etc.) with a strong understanding of the legal and regulatory framework and reporting obligations for Canadian and US public companies.
- Experience in managing capital market relationships with the ability to interact independently with analysts, institutional investors, brokers, and private investors.
- Experience in event management with specific emphasis on managing Annual General Meetings, investor days, brokerage events, and quarterly marketing roadshows to Canadian and US markets.
- Experience with external communications, including press releases and quarterly and year-end results releases.
- Experience in advising senior management on investor relations and external communications.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong written, Excel, PowerPoint as well as visual communication skills.
- Proven team player with strong listening skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel a must.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business (preference for MBA).
- CFA and/or CPA designation or even greater years of relevant hands-on Investor Relations Ieadership experience.
- Participation in Parkland Pledge, an employee-driven charitable giving program.
- Our Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan, an annual bonus awarding your performance.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- Flexible medical and dental packages, a Health Care Spending Account, along with a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- An employee referral program – earn up to $2000 for your referral.
- A focus on healthy living through wellness initiatives and an annual fitness reimbursement program.
- Discount Programs and Educational Scholarship Programs for family members.
- A safety focused work environment and ongoing safety training.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted. Please note:
- Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas.
- Parkland Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
- Please note that final candidates for this position will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include but not be limited to educational, criminal, credit, drug and alcohol and/or Fitness for Duty testing.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CIPM Certificant Full Time jobs in Bachelors