Brookfield Asset Management Inc. is a leading global alternative asset manager with approximately $600 billion of assets under management. For over 100 years Brookfield has owned and operated real assets with a focus on real estate, infrastructure, renewable power and private equity. Clients can invest in Brookfield strategies via three main channels: public securities, private funds and listed partnerships. In 2019, Brookfield Asset Management acquired a majority interest in Oaktree Capital, a $140 billion asset management firm focused on credit, private equity, real assets, and listed equities. The combined entity of Brookfield and Oaktree creates one of the largest Alternative asset managers in the world and brings unparalleled investment expertise across real assets and credit related investing.
The Position: Investment Analyst, Real Asset Solutions Team
- The Real Asset Solutions team draws on the full range of Brookfield and Oaktree investment offerings to deliver asset allocation investment strategies and whole portfolio solutions across the spectrum of commingled funds, separate accounts, and outsourcing solutions in both institutional and wealth channels. Strategies allocated to include public and private equity and debt of real estate, infrastructure, renewable power and other related businesses. Current assets under management of the Real Assets Solutions team is approximately $3 billion.
- This position reports to the Portfolio Managers of the Real Asset Solutions team.
- Investigate and demonstrate potential benefits and risks of investing in a wide variety of asset classes, with a focus on real assets.
- Establish strategic asset allocations for multi-asset investment strategies targeting specific return, risk, yield, factor exposures and other investment objectives.
- Monitor asset class and sector valuations to identify investment opportunities and risks for tactical asset allocation.
- Portfolio Management:
- Contribute investment ideas, insights, and recommendations during portfolio management meetings and strategy discussions
- Follow macroeconomic and sector specific data and news flow and synthesize into implications, opportunities and risks for investment strategies.
- Collaborate with sector specialist investment teams within the firm to discuss and explore sector specific views.
- Implement tactical asset allocation decisions across public security investment portfolios
- Compile portfolio models, portfolio allocations, portfolio performance and other relevant material for portfolio management meetings and investment committee meetings.
- Client Service and Marketing:
- Collaborate with other divisions within the firm (Client Service, Marketing, Operations, etc.) to conduct analyses relating to investment strategies and portfolios.
- Meet with prospects and clients to grow and retain assets under management.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent. Graduate degree, CFA or CAIA designation a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant investment experience:
- Asset allocation experience is considered an advantage
- Fixed income experience is considered an advantage
- Private markets experience is considered an advantage
- Strong quantitative skills including data collection, treatment and analysis
- Effective communicator, both oral and written, with ability to present with clarity, precision and conviction.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and results orientation.
- Organized, thorough and detail oriented.
- Comfortable working in a team-based entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong skills using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Bloomberg or FactSet.
- Programming experience in Python, R, or other statistical computing language is considered an advantage.
- Limited travel required.