Client Service Associate - Melbourne
Goodbye paperwork. Hello relationships.
Be the first point of contact in a company that puts clients first. As a Client Services Associate at Western Asset, your focus will be on building outstanding relationships that enable us to look after clients’ investments in ways that are right for them. Working in an increasingly automated environment, you’ll deliver proactive administrative and analytical support to our client base and our team of Client Service Executives. You’ll learn our business from the ground up, building your experience through exposure to many different projects and clients.
What you will do
- Daily client support – Ensure that client inquiries are answered promptly and effectively. This may include responding to ad hoc inquiries, sending out reports, resolving operational and compliance issues and providing updates on our clients’ investments.
- Meeting preparation (aka “Background Packages”) – Prepare the CSEs and other internal participants for meetings with current and prospective clients. Gather information on the company, its existing portfolios, other investment managers and meeting participants.
- General support in Requests-for-Proposals and business development efforts.
- Product support – Help create new marketing materials and white papers for Australian and New Zealand products, perform research on competitors and monitor their performance.
- Ownership of client data – Help input information into the internal client relationship management system and perform routine maintenance to ensure data integrity.
- Prepare presentation pitches – Gather data, perform analysis and help represent the Firm’s investment capabilities and results in graphical presentations. The process will involve gathering market, portfolio and company data, then graphing the information in Excel and formatting in PowerPoint.
- Ad hoc projects to support the strategic initiatives and general business objectives of the team.
Self-starters start here
Client Service Associates (CSAs) play an integral role in the ongoing support of Western Asset’s client relationships. The CSA function serves as a daily point of contact for our clients regarding a variety of operational, investment, compliance and regulatory matters. Key responsibilities of the role include ownership of client entitlements and obligations, report preparation, investment commentary editing, research on prospective clients, preparation of Requests-for-Proposals and power point presentations, coordination of general business and ad hoc projects.
What you will bring:
The successful candidate will work with one other CSA in supporting the broader Melbourne Client Service and Marketing team which includes three Client Service Executives (CSEs). CSEs are primarily responsible for business development and ongoing management of clients who are based in Australia and New Zealand.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate a progression in working in the financial services industry and an have the acumen to learn about fixed interest strategies. We are seeking advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Bloomberg skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to learn, retain and apply considerable amounts of information.
- Ability to complete simultaneous tasks while under significant time pressure.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, etc.) and PowerPoint.
- Undergraduate degree; Business, Finance or Economics majors preferred. Relevant experience working in Financial Services Industry desired.
About Western Asset
At Western Asset we’re saying hello to the future. Committed to being the leading fixed-income investment management firm in the world, we’re investing in new technologies, methodologies and markets. We’re also investing in our people. Our business is guided by a belief in doing the right thing: that if we treat our clients and colleagues with fairness and respect, success will follow. We’re building on our reputation and resources with an entrepreneurial approach that drives innovation. Every day is an opportunity for us to get better by making the most of the possibilities that our people and ideas can bring.