With over 172,9 billion in assets under management as of March 31 2021, Fiera Capital, an independent firm, is one of Canada’s leading investment managers. We deliver customized multi-asset solutions across public and private market asset classes to institutional, financial intermediary and private wealth clients across North America, Europe and key markets in Asia. We strive to be at the forefront of investment-management science, and we are passionate about creating sustainable wealth for clients. Fiera Capital is recognized for our talented people. Our teams collaborate and seek to draw on the global industry’s most innovative and diverse offerings to craft strategies that meet the needs of any client, anywhere they are located.
Why join Fiera Capital:
- Inclusive workplace and diverse background of employees
- Growth and development opportunities
- Entrepreneurial industry-leading company with a purposeful mission
- Flexible work arrangements, competitive compensation and benefits
- Collaborative approach, innovative and culture of integrity
- Ambitious organization who strives for excellence
What we are looking for:
The Investment Counsellor role is primarily focused on providing an exceptional client experience to their assigned clients at Fiera Capital and growing the business by attracting new clients. Strong client relationships will focus on understanding each client’s unique needs, collaborating internally to develop /recommend investment programs designed to achieve client’s goals with Fiera’s customized multi-asset solutions across traditional and alternative asset classes. This role reports to the Executive Vice President & Head of Private Wealth, Canada.
- Client focus: Has an excellent reputation with clients, effectively building and nurturing the relationship. Places a high priority on client engagement and satisfaction by focusing on their needs, is actively interested in their needs, provides them, and their family, exceptional client service;
- Communicating skillfully: Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong listening skills and presents ideas clearly and keeps interest of audience;
- Generates and fosters the adoption of creative/ innovative ideas. (ie Develops innovative solutions that create value for clients, identifies trends that are shaping client needs and creates opportunities to capitalize on those trends);
- Well known and prominent in the market; strong external presence;
- Highly results focused self-starter who concentrates efforts on reaching or surpassing expectations and adopts strategies that contributes to improved results;
- Develops a business plan that highlights ambitious objectives for growth, business leads, Centres of Influence in the business community and key results, activities to support achieving targeted objectives;
- Strong networking skills;
- Adapts to unforeseen situations and changes by modifying behavior according to the new requirements of internal and external environment;
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen, market awareness and expertise of the investment industry and financial markets;
- On top of latest trends and thought leadership in the market, sought after for insights;
- Curious, ongoing development and thorough Professional Development;
- Effectively communicates Fiera’s capabilities and strategies in alignment with clients needs, collaborating with internal partners (COI, Investments teams) to bring the right information to our clients;
- Operates with high integrity, is authentic, and always does the right thing;
- Adopts rigorous approach that is consistent with Fiera Private Wealth practices and pays attention to details when carrying out work;
- Acts as a leader, strong culture promoted and mentor throughout the Private Wealth business and organization. Strong promoter of Fiera’s values and Private Wealth’s vision and strategy;
- Aligns to strategic objectives, rolls up sleeves to participate and lead projects;
- Collaborative team member and leader, actively participates in work of Fiera Private Wealth (ie creating marketing brochures, bring leads for national relationships) thereby fostering common objectives.
Must have requirements to be successful in this role:
- Post-secondary education;
- Professional designation: Chartered Financial Analyst, and/or Chartered Investment Manager;
- 10 years + Investment Counsellor experience, strong marketplace prominence and strong performance are more critical matching than years of experience;
- Licensed as or eligible to become licensed as a Registered Representative with respective provincial body.
The use of masculine is for the sole purpose of lightening the text and refers to both women and men.
Fiera Capital subscribes to the principle of employment equity. Our staff are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability, genetic information, or any other federal, state or local protected class. Fiera Capital will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
All staffing decisions, including hiring and promotion decisions, will be based on merit, skills, performance and business needs. We are pleased to receive applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Job applicants who are individually selected for an interview will be notified that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected participant requests accommodation, Fiera Capital shall consult with the applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Fiera Capital. We will only communicate with those selected for an interview.
Link to Fiera Careers: