Reporting to the ChoateIA President, the Portfolio Manager will be a critical asset to the firm. The successful candidate will focus on three important components of the business:
The essential duties of the Portfolio Manager may include, but are not limited to:
- Strong investment management skills to help with strategic asset allocation, tactical asset allocation, and fund due diligence.
- Will be expected to be actively involved in investment strategy as well as bespoke solutions for individual clients.
- A proven track record of success in client service is essential for this role.
- A successful candidate must demonstrate strong communication skills to a broad audience.
- The Portfolio Manager will meet regularly with clients and prospective clients and must be able to articulate the merits of ChoateIA’s investment approach and family office services.
Ability to Grow the Business
- Present to prospective clients. Not a role that requires “cold call” sales, but the ability to harvest new business and cross sell existing clients.
- Expected to make a meaningful contribution in other ways, such as authoring articles, improving internal systems, and mentoring other team members.
- Contributes to the department’s ability to meet or exceed goals and standards.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and developments.
- Uses innovative thinking and exercises sound judgment to achieve results.
- Work with all the constituencies in the greater Choate, Hall & Stewart Partnership.
- Communicates effectively (both verbally and in writing) with external clients and outside advisers.
- Work collaboratively within a team of bright, hard-working, and intellectually curious people.