The Investment Analyst is responsible for supporting the investment team at Choate Investment Advisors across a range of critical areas. Candidates must be independent thinkers who thrive on challenges. A keen interest in the capital markets is a must, as well as analytical skills. The Investment Analyst will work with all members of the team, and will gain broad exposure to our investment process. We are looking for someone who is great at multi-tasking, has deep intellectual curiosity, and who thrives on new challenges and self-directed learning. The duties for this position include, but are not limited to, investment research tasks, client service support, trading and operations, and ad-hoc projects.
- Support the team by conducting investment research
- Provide analytical support to all members of the investment team including updating quantitative tools and maintaining data in internal investment models
- Assist the investment team in collaborating with the Wealth Management Group on client-related data projects
- Assist with the creation of client communications, including drafting correspondence, and pulling data for exhibits, and analyzing performance and asset allocation
- Providing trading support as needed
- Proof read client materials to ensure that all materials are properly formatted and error free
- Create and update customized reports for clients
- Produce investment materials in conjunction with team
- Ensure that the company’s manager research database remains up to date
- Perform additional duties, including ad hoc projects, as requested
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a diverse team
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities with limited oversight
- Exceptionally detail oriented and well organized, with the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize a large workload with professionalism
- Ability and desire to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with colleagues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with experience using PowerPoint and Excel in a work environment
- Must have minimal physical mobility. Position may occasionally require standing, walking, reaching, and lifting up to 15 pounds.
- Must have the ability to operate equipment such as a computer and copy machine.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and to read and follow detailed instructions.
- Must have the ability to prepare assorted documents and other related materials.
- Must have the ability to work in stressful conditions under time deadlines.