Portfolio Manager Associate
Portfolio Manager Associate
Our Portfolio Manager Associates actively monitor portfolios to assist Portfolio Managers in rebalancing risks and providing operational support where necessary. Portfolio Associates are routinely encouraged to provide creative solutions and develop key tools and reporting methods to support the Portfolio Management team. Responsibilities will include generating various reports on a weekly, monthly and as needed basis, special projects, assist in client presentations, and conduct research on mutual funds.
What You Will Be Doing
- Support client needs on a daily basis, including responding to investment and operational-related inquiries.
- Schedule and attend client meetings/calls with senior PMs to advance investment knowledge, get to know clients and perform tactical functions such as taking notes and distributing follow up items to the applicable area. Respond to incoming calls, emails, and inquiries from clients and advisors - Portfolio characteristics, economic updates, and the firm's investment thesis - Specific strategies and solutions: business description and reasons we own - Tie everything to client's goals and aspirations - Create, research, and provide detailed ad-hoc analyses
- Provide investment support to PMs including preparation of customized reports and creation and assembly of presentation materials, Investment Committee reports, and client review materials.
- Partner with portfolio managers to recommend initial strategic asset class allocation for new clients, and recommendations for trades and allocation changes for existing clients.
- Manage client custom reporting, including investment commentary.
- Attend all internal investment related meetings to advance investment acumen as well as to take notes and perform applicable follow-up tasks.
- Master risk control for client portfolios. Review reports to make sure that accounts are in line with allocation, IPS's are sent and received, monitor unapproved assets lists, review purchases and sales, etc. to ensure we are following our policies and procedures.
- Manage the Book: analyses/activities on the total book of business, segments of the book, and client portfolios. - Track new clients and specific actions to take across the Book and for specific clients
- Trade execution; buy and sell securities, complete appropriate documentation, etc to implement asset allocations for client portfolios, based on client's investment mandates, cash needs, firm strategy changes and general rebalancing; assess tax liabilities and client directed account restrictions to determine whether macro investment decisions are applicable on the account level; manage complex situations.
- Monitor client portfolios for deviations from specified strategy or to provide investment recommendations.
- Expected to assume management of clients' accounts over time
- Perform other duties as assigned.