Investment Analyst: Private Equity Funds and Coinvestments
- Performance Equity Management is a private equity asset management firm with ~$9 billion in assets under management investing in global private equity (buyout, venture capital, distressed debt) fund investments, direct co-investments, and secondary transactions.
- The firm promotes a culture that is highly collaborative and collegial. The structure is non-hierarchal with direct access to seven Investment Partners, providing a comprehensive training and mentorship experience for ongoing career development.
- The Investment Analyst will participate in all aspects of the investment process in a generalist role in a lean organizational environment and thus will be in a highly visible role.
- This position is based in Greenwich, CT, within easy commuting distance from NYC.
- Analyze and monitor performance of fund managers and underlying portfolio companies.
- Support the due diligence process evaluating new private equity fund investments, direct co-investments and secondary transactions.
- Prepare, analyze, and explain historical and projected financial information.
- Produce written reports and presentations for the Investment Committee summarizing investment recommendations and providing analytical support.
- Support portfolio review and valuation process.
- Help maintain the internal fund and company database.
- Complete analytical projects related to performance attribution, portfolio construction, investment strategy, and industry trends.
- Assist with preparation of client update and reporting materials.
- Attend meetings with existing and potential fund managers.
Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Strong academic record, ideally a business, economics, or other analytical undergraduate degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Diversity (e.g., demographic, socioeconomic, personality type, educational background) is valued.
- 1-2 years of solid investment and/or analytical work experience, background in asset management, equity research, or consulting/accounting preferred. Pre-MBA applicants only.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, pro-active, self-motivated and be able to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated understanding of, or strong desire to further deepen knowledge about private equity, company valuation techniques, accounting concepts and basic financial modeling.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.