Bixby Research and Analytics (“Bixby”) is a financial technology company that is revolutionizing the way investment professionals consume information for their private investments. Bixby’s proprietary software platform modernizes information flow for hedge funds and asset managers by connecting investment professionals to market moving news and financial data. Bixby’s platform is relied upon each day as a trusted source of information for institutional investors managing billions of dollars.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
Bixby is looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial self-starter that will work alongside the Founder and senior research staff. An ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, prior experience in finance and / or accounting, strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to adapt to the dynamic needs of a growing business. This is a unique opportunity to join a highly experienced research team within a rapidly growing, fast paced company. Compensation is competitive and includes future potential for equity ownership. Only highest quality applicants will be considered.
Primary responsibilities for the Financial Analyst:
- Support senior research staff to maintain real-time coverage across broad universe of companies.
- Compile detailed financial models with ability to process detailed reconciliations, restatements, and acquisitions.
- Review company documents to identify news, financial and non-financial data in real time.
- Ability to prepare and review own work product to ensure accuracy and completeness in a time-sensitive environment.
- Must have a skill set and demonstrated ability to move into a senior analyst role in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree required, accounting, finance or economics degree strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of accounting and / or finance experience required.
- Comprehensive understanding of cash flows and the linkage between financial statements (BS, CF, IS) with ability to build and maintain financial models and interpret financial ratios and metrics is required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe PDF skills required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and / or pursuit of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification are strongly preferred.
- Prior experience at Big Four accounting firm, investment bank, investment management or leveraged lending strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of credit with experience in leveraged loans and / or high yield bonds is preferred.
- Detail oriented with established skills in accuracy, organization, and experience working in a high-volume, time-sensitive environment.
- Strong mathematical, writing and analytical abilities
- Ability to manage and execute challenging projects with minimal oversight.
- Highest level of integrity to keep sensitive business information confidential.
More searches like this
- Accounting/Audit/Tax Information Technology, Software Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Information Technology, Software Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Credit Analysis Information Technology, Software Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Hedge Funds Information Technology, Software Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Structured Products Information Technology, Software Passed CFA Level I Full Time jobs in Bachelors