Wealth Management Portfolio Manager
7 days left
As a member of the Simmons Bank Wealth Management team, this individual works within a fee-only, fiduciary standard of care environment to develop and grow meaningful relationships by providing personalized investment services for high-net-worth individuals, families, and institutions. This Portfolio Manager will reside in and manage a book of business in Columbia, MO, and cover and help grow a client base in St. Louis, MO as well, working with established teams in both markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a trusted advisor for high-net-worth individuals, families, and institutions, providing service tailored to each client’s specific financial objectives
- Analyze clients’ financial picture and work with clients to develop a comprehensive understanding of their unique investment goals and objectives to provide advice consistent with the client’s goals and needs
- Provide ongoing client communication and work collaboratively with other members of our wealth management and banking teams to ensure an excellent client experience
- Cultivate and develop new client relationships and work closely with Simmons Bank associates to expand existing client relationships
- Work with internal and external centers of influence to develop pipelines for new client relationships
- Ensure accounts are structured to comply with the client’s investment policy statement and provide ongoing monitoring and rebalancing of portfolios
- Participate in the development and management of Simmons Bank Wealth Management’s proprietary equity and fixed income strategies along with our multi-asset investment solutions
- Stay informed of the current economic environment, and maintain awareness of regulations, fiduciary law, and tax law
- Ensures that all departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of required compliance training
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong client focus and relationship management skills with the ability to build and foster a strong network of relationships
- Proactive business development focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to speak effectively and present information, in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees in the organization.
- Working knowledge of portfolio theory and experience with a broad range of investments including fixed income, equities, alternative investments
- Ability to perform as a team player and act independently
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
Education and/or Experience
- BS/BA Degree (4 year) from an accredited university/college
- Minimum of 7 years managing client portfolios within the wealth management industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience with Trust accounting platforms (FIS AddVantage, SEI) and trading systems (Advent Moxy, Investor’sView) preferred but not required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- MBA, CFA, CFP, CIMA or progress toward these accreditations is preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Activities, duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.