Senior Compliance Analyst
Oregon State Treasury is recruiting for the position of Senior Compliance Analyst. This position is part of the Legal & Compliance Division and is located in our Tigard office. The primary purpose of this position is to monitor, evaluate, and report on the effectiveness of controls designed to ensure the investment, regulatory, and operational processes are compliant with Oregon State Treasury policies and applicable regulatory requirements.
The salary range for this position is $73,584 - $118,140 annually. Our top priorities during this public health crisis are employee health and ability to meet our essential responsibilities. We are taking safety precautions while continuing our business operations in order to keep employees safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Oregon State Treasury (OST) is led by Tobias Read, State Treasurer, a constitutional officer and statewide elected official. OST is an organization with a wide range of financial responsibilities, including managing the state's pension fund, issuing all state debt, and serving as the central bank for state agencies. OST manages the daily investment of approximately $100 billion in assets, held in a diversified investment portfolio of domestic and international equities, fixed income securities, alternative and opportunistic investments, real estate, private equity and cash equivalents. OST also manages a banking program that processes over $250 billion in transactions annually, and a debt management program responsible for issuing and monitoring approximately $10 billion in state debt. The 150+ member OST staff takes great pride in their statewide and national reputation for progressive approaches to service delivery.
Our Values and Principles
We are committed to building and fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that everyone comes to the table with a distinct point of view – one that is shaped by backgrounds, experiences, cultures, thoughts, and ideas. We embrace diversity and inclusion and believe it creates a culture of respect, innovation, and creativity that empowers our success and makes Oregon State Treasury an excellent place to work.
- Conduct compliance monitoring and reporting processes for externally managed investments;
- Create periodic reports on the overall effectiveness of OST’s Compliance Program, and present on reports;
- Test the internal risk surveillance systems and rules engine to manage internal personal trading, OST policy and/or procedure violations, and regulatory violations;
- Conduct ongoing operational and portfolio manager due diligence and controls, as well as initial and ongoing compliance due diligence with external counterparties used to transact internally managed transactions;
- Conduct the compliance monitoring and reporting processes for internally asset classes;
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of the OST compliance controls designed to ensure compliance with OST policies and applicable federal and state laws, rules and regulations; and
- Prepare, review, and submit ongoing federal and state regulatory filings.
Benefits of Joining OST
- Employee premium share at 5% or 1%, for medical, dental, vision, and basic employee life;
- Paid leaves, such as vacation, personal business, holidays, sick leave, and special holiday leave;
- Participation in the Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP), after 6 months of service. OPSRP has two components, the pension plan and the individual account program (IAP).
- Support with training and development so employees have the tools they need to reach their fullest potential;
- Employees may be eligible to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF);
- Optional benefits include optional life, short & long term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, Oregon Savings Growth Plan (deferred compensation plan), flexible spending accounts, long term care insurance, employee assistance program, weight watchers, and more!
You must have the following to qualify for this position:
- A bachelor's degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, finance, political science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and five years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work OR;
- Any combination of experience and education equivalent to eight years of experience that typically supports the knowledge and skills for the position.
We’re looking for an individual experienced with…
- Investments at a pension fund, endowment or institutional manager;
- Compliance, operations or operational/investment risk;
- BlackRock Aladdin and/or Bloomberg;
- Custodial banking – either as a client or working for a custody bank;
- Multi-asset class securities; and
- Project management – either as Manager or SME.
We’re looking for an individual who is…
- Results driven;
- Skilled at multi-tasking;
- Customer focused;
- Well organized; and
- Proficient with interpersonal skills and communication.
How to Apply
In order to apply and be considered for this position, you are required to upload your resume, and a cover letter describing how your experience, training and education have prepared you for this position.
- Prospective employees are subject to an extensive background check that may include, but not be limited to, validation of all application materials, prior employment and personal references, credit history, driving records and fingerprint-based state and federal criminal and civil records. Adverse background data may be grounds for immediate disqualification.
- OST does not offer visa sponsorships, and within three days of hire, the successful candidate will be required to complete the U.S. Department of Homeland Security form I-9, confirming authorization to work in the United States.
- Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given veterans' preference. To receive preference you MUST attach appropriate documentation as outlined by the Department of Administrative Services at the following website: Veterans Resources. You may also call the Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs at 1-800-692-9666
- OST is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce.