Associate Director - Structured Credit - NY or Chicago
Fitch Ratings is seeking an Associate Director to join its Structured Credit group. The Associate Director will be responsible for assigning and/or monitoring ratings on collateralized loan obligations (CLOs), which involves understanding and applying relevant rating criteria, modeling portfolio and cash flows, reviewing CLO/CDO transaction documentation, preparing credit committee packages, and presenting rating recommendations to a credit committee.
In addition, the Associate Director will be contributing to publication of research reports on CLO and CDO performance, generation of ideas for and execution of improvements in existing workflows and tools.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Six plus years of experience, preferably but not necessarily in structured finance
· Strong analytical thinking
· Strong attention to detail and time management skills
· Strong communication skills
· Demonstrate initiative, sense of ownership, and a drive to complete projects
· Interest in capital markets and structured finance
· Proficiency in Excel; working knowledge of VBA, SQL, Python is a plus but not required