Asset Strategy Consultants (ASC), located in Hunt Valley, MD has a 30-year history of providing independent investment consulting services to institutions and families. ASC is hiring a Consultant to take a leadership role working with the firm’s existing institutional clients, primarily on non-discretionary mandates. Responsibilities include:
- Seamlessly transitioning into an existing client base of small- and mid-sized institutions.
- Assuming ongoing primary and co-consultant relationships with a variety of institutions and Investment Committees. This includes maintaining and strengthening personal and working relationships across clients.
- Working with the firm’s internal investment team to make recommendations to clients on investment policy, strategic asset allocation, manager selection, and implementation of institutional portfolios as well as reporting.
- Managing the preparation for regular client Investment Committee (IC) meetings, attending, and working closely with the IC chair to lead committee meetings.
- While prospecting for new clients isn’t explicitly required, the Consultant may be asked to participate in business development as part of a proposed team assigned to prospective new clients.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and characteristics:
- Highly organized, proactive, and able to work within a team to marshal internal resources as needed for client assignments.
- Effective communicator with a genuine interest in cultivating personal relationships and ability to build consensus among decision-makers. Experience leading IC meetings is a plus.
- Experience with financial markets and the process of managing a multi-asset portfolio.
- An affinity for supporting non-profit institutions.
- Five to ten years of experience in a similar role preferred. CFA designation or candidacy are a plus.
This position is based Hunt Valley, Maryland. Moderate travel is expected.
ASC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.