Senior Tax Associate
Senior Tax Associate
The Senior Tax Associate is a licensed CPA or Enrolled Agent and serves as the primary point of contact for clients to solve their tax and accounting needs. Serves as a key team member to develop and improve internal processes.
- Must have a passion for the tax profession and feel comfortable working directly with business owners and high net worth individuals to figure out complicated tax matters.
- A knack for identifying and solving problems on tax returns.
- Knowledge of and exposure to a variety of industries.
- A self-starter and enjoy working independently.
- Takes pride in quality of work.
- Keep up-to-date on the ever-changing tax industry's regulations and policies.
- In addition to all of this, you must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, hold an active CPA or EA license (or are actively pursuing one) and have 2-5 years of experience in public accounting tax work.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
Duties and Responsibilities
Senior Tax Associate duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following in your typical day:
- Prepare a high-level return for a business or high net worth individual.
- Work with the wealth advisor team to ensure the various components of the wealth strategy are considered in tax compliance and planning.
- Gather relevant tax-related information from the client so an accurate tax return can be prepared.
- Look at tax situations from various angles to ensure the maximum tax benefit is applied.
- Prepare accounting-related reports through a paperless office environment.
Salary and Benefits
Pay and Benefits are competitive based on industry standards
- Starting base salary $70,000 to $75,000, plus bonus opportunities.
- Benefits include 100% premium coverage for employees who are active and participate on the company health plan, 401(k) retirement plan with employer contributions, HSA with annual employer contribution as well as dental, vision, and disability through Ironwood’s payroll company
- Partial and/or full financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements and other education/training
- Paid time off and holidays
- Flexible work environment options
Ironwood Wealth Management LLC., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About this company
Ironwood Wealth Management, an Independent Investment Advisor registered with the SEC, is a comprehensive financial planning firm that offers customized solutions to individuals and institutions. We enjoy helping retirees and pre-retirees with the complexities of turning their "Nest Egg" into a reliable income stream. We strive to provide a superior level of service to our clients second to none, and as such, have grown our practice almost entirely through the referrals of our existing clients.
We offer unique and creative planning strategies to complex topics such as estate planning, employer-sponsored retirement plans, individual retirement plans, portfolio management and tax planning.
We follow a disciplined wealth management process that provides a structured approach but still allows for customization based on your own personal situation. Our process includes preparing an Investment Policy Statement for each client, determining the appropriate asset allocation based on your goals and objectives, selecting the securities to use for each asset allocation using both passive and active management styles, monitoring and evaluating the portfolio on a continual basis and strategically rebalancing the portfolio.