Research Associate (Oil & Gas)
5 days left
Research Associate, Oil & Gas (Full Time)
Location: Calgary, AB
Stifel FirstEnergy is seeking an individual with knowledge of the oil & gas industry and an ongoing interest in current events to join its Institutional Equity Research team. Reporting under a Senior Analyst, the Associate’s role is to assist with the preparation of equity research publications, develop and maintain financial models, complete ad hoc research requests, and generally assist the research analyst in all aspects of equity research.
Applicants must have a strong understanding of financial concepts, financial modeling, and accounting, complemented by strong research capabilities and data analytics. The Associate position is engaged in the evaluation of companies in the oil & gas exploration and production segment extending to commodity price analysis and relevant trends (i.e. ESG). The candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and financial statement analysis, a strong communicator (both written and verbal), and possess a degree in Commerce, STEM, or a related discipline.
We are seeking candidates that will thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment in the equity capital markets. Our group is ideally looking for the individual to hold the drive and ability to work independently yet collaboratively within an established, cohesive effort.
A high regard for detail and accuracy are essential. The role of the Research Associate is challenging and fast paced. It requires dedication, passion for the industry, and a solid work ethic.
- CFA and/or MBA and/or B. Comm. and/or CPA;
- 1-2 years related finance and/or accounting experience;
- Oil & gas background, including education and related experience preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Skills in primary research, interviewing and data gathering;
- Strong quantitative skills with comprehensive understanding of accounting, equity analysis, valuation and financial modeling;
- Ability to work under a high pressure and time sensitive environment;
- Meticulous attention to detail while maintaining an ability to see the overall picture;
- Creativity with respect to investment analysis and a passionate interest in capital markets.
About STIFEL FirstEnergy
Stifel Canada (https://www.stifel.com/institutional/StifelCanada) is a leading provider of investment banking services, including advisory and underwriting, institutional sales and trading and research services. We offer a full suite of focused debt capital markets, equity capital markets, financial advisory, and investment services, delivering superior advice and execution to a broad range of corporate clients and institutional investors worldwide.
Stifel Canada is a subsidiary of Stifel Financial Corp., a public (NYSE – SF) full-service global investment bank with over 8,500 personnel operating in Canada, the United States and Europe. This includes over 400 investment banking professionals serving the needs of growth companies through specialized expertise and strong relationships within its core industries. As a growth company itself, Stifel’s passion is in bringing the right combination of people, products and services to the table to help our clients grow and excel for the long term.