Senior Analyst, Finance Operations Excellence
5 days left
First West Credit Union is currently seeking a Senior Analyst, Finance Operations Excellence to join their team.
The Senior Analyst, Finance Operations Excellence ensures the seamless execution of finance department operations, partnering with colleagues across the department in driving the achievement of department and organizational goals. Reporting to the Director, Financial Performance and Initiatives, this role manages the production of, and provides quality assurance on, recurring finance tasks, internal reporting, presentations, and analyses, enabling on-time and high-quality delivery. Outside of finance, this role harmonizes/standardizes leadership and board reporting organization-wide. As such, they are expected to be an expert in collaborative and sustainable implementation, capable of working cross-functionally and building alignment throughout First West.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day
- Finance Operations: Supports Director, Financial Performance and Initiatives to manage work activities across the department, coordinating activities and contributing to deliverables to ensure on-time and high-quality completion, seamless communication and appropriate documentation. Manages the monthly reporting calendar, ongoing forecast and budgeting calendars, and quarter/ year-end deliverables for senior stakeholders.
- Quality Assurance: By thoroughly understanding both: (i) the content of financial reports/analyses and (ii) stakeholder objectives, acts as a key quality assurance resource for formal communications from Finance to executives, the Board and external stakeholders. Requires a keen eye for detail, analytical mindset and desire to provide detailed reviews of materials under tight timelines during peak periods.
- Communications: Working with high-level instructions and content created by subject matter experts across finance, develops high-quality slide decks and written reports for senior leaders and the Board, ensuring clarity of information presented (including data visualizations), in a consistent and professional format. Subject areas are broad and include: reporting on initiative status and resourcing; financial performance; results of ad-hoc analyses and budgets/forecasts/projections.
- Organization-Wide Reporting Harmonization: Works with other departments across First West to improve senior management and board reporting organization wide, striving for consistency in data sources, format, and quality. Will include designing and facilitating workshops with cross-functional teams to understand and document reporting currently generated, and guide and influence the design of optimal processes, frameworks and templates. On an ongoing basis, serves as a gate-keeper and quality assurance resource on recurring reporting for senior stakeholders.
- Finance Department Operations Optimization: Maps out operational processes and identifies opportunities to improve finance department efficiency and effectiveness. Works with finance department stakeholders to implement/execute on continuous improvements.
- Research and Analytics: Supports Finance leadership with industry research and analysis in preparation for senior leadership and board meetings. Gathers and documents/communicates industry benchmarks, impacts of regulatory changes, economic forecasts and other ad-hoc queries.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting require
- Other Certifications, Designations or Licenses in CPA or CFA designation required
- 5 years’ experience in a finance/accounting-focused role or an equivalent combination of education & experience
- Well-developed skills crafting executive and board presentations and reports
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization to provide clarity and garner buy-in for ongoing initiatives
- Financial services industry experience preferred (Finance/Accounting role)
- Aptitude for project management, and a proven track record of managing multiple tasks/projects at once, navigating through obstacles, and successfully managing to aggressive deadlines
- Solid foundation in finance and accounting fundamentals
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of the business and related processes
- Proficient with computer software applications e.g. MS Office (particularly PowerPoint and Excel)
- Hands-on experience in financial operations, systems, reporting and processes
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, written, and verbal – all concisely and clearly
- Experience with project management tools and techniques
- Self-motivated, passionate, detail oriented, multi-tasker extraordinaire, that thrives in a fast-paced environment and has strong ability to influence and collaborate.
- Ability to bring order and organization to all aspects of job duties, and thrive in seeing the opportunity in ambiguity
- Ability to translate a high-level vision or initiative into a technical work plan and organize teams to execute
Why work for us?
We offer a total rewards package that recognizes the meaningful work you do to support our members and our communities, which includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation
- Annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as support for retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U” and the option to purchase up to five additional vacation days
- Other financial perks such as our Employee Banking Advantages which includes waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages and no-interest loans on lifestyle-related items that promote health, wellness, learning and business aptitude
In addition, you can enjoy socially conscious perks, like three paid days off every year, to volunteer for causes you care about.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
First West regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
We’re a financial cooperative that does things differently. That means we create innovative yet simple solutions to help people achieve their financial dreams and life goals. We make a difference by helping to build healthy communities. Our work environments will accelerate your personal and professional growth inspiring you to lead with courage. We strive to be an employer of choice in Canada, not just for what we do, but how we do it.
Exceed the limits of what you thought was possible and bring out your full potential. Inspire yourself with purpose and create new possibilities— for your future, for the lives of others and for the communities you’re a part of.