Senior Analyst, Financial Initiatives
First West Credit Union is currently seeking a Senior Analyst, Financial Initiatives to join their team.
Supporting the Director, Financial Performance and Initiatives, the Senior Analyst brings focus and finance subject matter expertise to special projects that fall outside of the recurring operational processes and reporting in the finance department. Examples include the organization’s initiative to become federally regulated, the annual Management’s Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) and other external disclosures, evolution of finance systems, and supporting relationships with external stakeholders. This role demands that the individual is able to navigate in a fast-paced environment and has the ability to review past performance, understand business drivers, and anticipate future goals and trends.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day
- Special Projects: Provides hands-on support for strategic projects such as the organization’s federal expansion initiative, enterprise systems and reporting, mergers, and business transformation, as required by the Director, Financial Performance and Initiatives. Ensures all initiatives are implemented and executed in accordance with FW internal control requirements, and financial and technology best practices; and serves as a change management lead for cross-functional initiatives and a finance subject matter expert.
- Management’s Discussion and Analysis (MD&A): Prepares finance portions of annual MD&A. Includes end-to-end project management; compiling, contributing to, and performing QA on content, drafting narratives, and ensuring a robust review cycle. Also identifies, prioritizes, and implements ongoing improvements in the MD&A, enhancing its quality and clarity
- Benchmarking/Peer Group Analysis: Gathers, analyzes, and maintains ongoing records of a broad peer group’s operating results, strategies and market focuses, to enhance First West’s corporate knowledge.
- Research and Writing Papers: Supports Finance leadership with a variety of research and analyses in preparation for senior leadership meetings, Board meetings and discussions with external stakeholders like credit rating agencies. Assists with economic forecasts, business cases and other ad-hoc queries.
- Additional Duties as Assigned: Contributes to the team’s collaborative and collegial environment by jumping in to assist with operational functions during peak periods, such as the budget cycle.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Other Certifications, Designations or Licenses, CPA or CFA required
- 5 years’ experience in a finance/accounting-focused role; 3 years relevant experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, and interpretation of business impact and results or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience influencing others to action without relying on a reporting relationship
- Experience with a financial institution
- Solid foundation in finance and accounting fundamentals
- Proficient with computer software applications e.g. MS Office
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, written, and verbal – all concisely and clearly
- Top-tier ERP experience as a power user (ideally Oracle Cloud)
- Self-motivated, passionate, detail-oriented, multi-tasker extraordinaire, that thrives in a fast-paced environment and has strong ability to influence and collaborate.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple sources of diverse and complex information, applying knowledge and experience to problem-solve.
- Strong action orientation combined with the ability to balance practical implementation issues
- Ability to bring order and organization to all aspects of job duties, and thrive in seeing the opportunity in ambiguity
Why work for us?
We offer a total rewards package that recognizes the meaningful work you do to support our members and our communities, which includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation
- Annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as support for retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U” and the option to purchase up to five additional vacation days
- Other financial perks such as our Employee Banking Advantages which includes waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages and no-interest loans on lifestyle-related items that promote health, wellness, learning and business aptitude
In addition, you can enjoy socially conscious perks, like three paid days off every year, to volunteer for causes you care about.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
First West regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
We’re a financial cooperative that does things differently. That means we create innovative yet simple solutions to help people achieve their financial dreams and life goals. We make a difference by helping to build healthy communities. Our work environments will accelerate your personal and professional growth inspiring you to lead with courage. We strive to be an employer of choice in Canada, not just for what we do, but how we do it.
Exceed the limits of what you thought was possible and bring out your full potential. Inspire yourself with purpose and create new possibilities— for your future, for the lives of others and for the communities you’re a part of.