Investment Analyst / Associate
3 days left
Investment Analyst / Associate
St. John's established in 1870, has three New York City campuses; a graduate center in Hauppauge, NY; international locations in Rome, Italy; Limerick, Ireland; and Paris, France; and study abroad locations around the world. The Princeton Review and other top rankings consistently recognize the University's outstanding academics, diverse student body, dynamic internship and volunteer opportunities, focus on student life, and diverse study abroad offerings. St. John's University offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs in its six colleges and schools, with a growing number of programs offered online. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and 12 other major academic and professional associations.
A dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of our mission. As a Catholic and Vincentian university, St. John's is committed to institutionalizing practices of inclusive excellence to ensure that we welcome and celebrate the intrinsic worth of all members of our community. We will become an even stronger university as we enhance equity at every level of our institution. As noted in our Vision Statement, our graduates will excel in the competencies and values required for leadership and service in a rapidly evolving world.
St. John's University seeks an Investment Analyst or Associate to help manage the University's $950 million endowment. You will be a critical member of the team, collaborating closely with the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) on all aspects of managing the endowment, including portfolio analysis and reporting, investment manager due diligence, and investment committee recommendations across all asset classes, strategies, and geographies. This is a generalist role offering broad exposure and exceptional growth opportunities.
Investment responsibilities will include:
• supporting the CIO in sourcing, screening, and analyzing prospective investment managers, including analysis of investment strategy, process, organization, portfolio positions, performance, and investment structuring
• monitoring and engaging with investment managers on a variety of topics (e.g., diversity, ESG)
• attending manager meetings, conferences, and industry events
• researching themes, strategies, asset classes, sectors, and other topics
• developing a deep understanding of portfolio rebalancing, portfolio construction, and risk management
• providing recommendations for new workflows, analytics, diligence procedures, and reporting outputs that enhance the overall efficacy and efficiency of the team's investment underwriting and decision making
• collaborating with St. John's undergraduate and graduate student managed investment funds (currently $8.5 million)
• designing, launching, and helping manage an internship program for the Investment Office
• contributing to a culture of intellectual curiosity and analytical rigor
• maintaining and growing St. John's reputation for excellence and credibility within the University community and throughout the investment management industry
Investment operations responsibilities include:
• monitoring market values, performance, transactions, and other data in the endowment's portfolio management software
• preparing materials for the Investment Committee and other constituents
• assisting with cash forecasts and developing endowment spending models
• completing subscriptions, redemptions, surveys, questionnaires, and other documentation
• undertaking special projects as requested
The successful candidate must have strong quantitative analytical skills, a passion for investing, familiarity with institutional investment management, and a demonstrated track record of success. Additional qualifications include:
• strong work ethic and discipline, organizational skills, and an acute attention to detail
• ability to independently set goals, prioritize tasks, and manage simultaneous projects
• excellent financial modeling (MS Excel) skills
• strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
• proactive self-starter and focused on continuous improvement
• enthusiasm for being part of the University and contributing to its mission
• positive, can-do attitude
• unquestionable ethical standards and the highest level of integrity, intellectual capability, honesty, and personal responsibility
Travel is primarily local (e.g., Manhattan, Connecticut, New Jersey). Non-local domestic as well as international travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree with demonstrated academic ability, preferably in finance, accounting, economics, or business administration.
• 2 to 5 years of experience in institutional investment management, investment banking, finance, consulting, or accounting.
Preferred Education and Experience
An interest in pursuing the CFA and/or MBA.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is full-time and regularly requires long hours, evening, and weekend work.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
Any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John's University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2339923
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.