Equity Research Associate (Stewardship Team)
4 days left
About the Firm:
Sands Capital is an independent, employee-owned investment management firm based in Arlington, Virginia that manages multiple billions of dollars in client assets. Sands Capital’s strategies employ a fundamental, bottom-up research process to identify high-quality growth businesses that we can own for the long term in concentrated portfolios. We invest on a global basis across the life cycle from early-stage private businesses to leading public companies.
Identified below are Core Values the firm holds in high regard and believes are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
- Integrity and Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
- Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
- Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
Sands Capital is seeking a motivated Research Associate (RA) to join our Research Team with a dedicated focus on Environmental, Social, and Governance (“ESG”). This individual will work in close partnership with our ESG Analysts to support research on ESG topics and monitoring of existing investments across our domestic and international portfolios in public and private markets.
The RA is typically expected to work for 2-4 years before either leaving for external opportunities or being considered for internal promotion based on performance and firm needs.
- Collaborate with the ESG Analyst to deepen the Research Team’s understanding of material issues that are pertinent to Stewardship at the firm
- Research ESG topics to build knowledge across the Research team
- Compile and track cross-portfolio ESG factors (e.g. ratings, carbon metrics, board data, screens, etc.)
- Synthesize large amounts of ESG data from external providers as well as internal tracking systems into concise, decision-useful information for Portfolio Managers and Analysts
- Run and distributing key ESG reports/dashboards at the company and portfolio level
- Prepare presentations on ESG topics
- Support cross-team thematic projects on ESG topics such as climate change, modern slavery, etc.
- Exhibit behaviors consistent with Sands Capital’s mission, values, and culture
- Demonstrated passion for equity and ESG research
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or other relevant major. Strong academic performance.
- 1-2 years of relevant investment industry experience focused on ESG research
- Familiarity with common ESG frameworks (SASB, TCFD, etc.) and ratings agencies (MSCI, Sustainalytics, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively and across teams, but also complete research independently
- High degree of self-motivation with an analytical mindset, strategic aptitude, and a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Superior data analytics/Excel skills
- Strong work ethic, diligence, and an ability to complete assigned projects in a timely manner
To be considered, candidates must submit a resume that specifically outlines your qualifications for the position.
If you wish to apply for this position, please do so via Sands Capital Management’s Careers page at http://sandscapital.com/careers/.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Sands Capital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and staff members. For our staff members, equal opportunity includes access to the benefits and privileges that the firm provides to staff members generally. We appreciate the value diversity brings to Sands Capital and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all staff members.
We evaluate and select qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Discrimination of this kind is also strictly prohibited by a variety of federal, state, and local laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to pregnant individuals, individuals with disabilities, and/or individuals needing accommodation for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.