Connor, Clark & Lunn Investment Management Ltd.
Connor, Clark & Lunn Investment Management (CC&L), an affiliate of Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group, is seeking a Credit Analyst (High Yield and Investment Grade) to join our Credit Team in Vancouver. The Credit Analyst will work closely with the Fixed Income Team and will be responsible for covering credits for both our investment grade and high yield mandates, in long only and long/short portfolios. CC&L’s Fixed Income Team manages over $14 billion in fixed income assets.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with others on the credit team to research companies for our fixed income portfolios, which encompass both investment grade and high yield mandates (long only and long/short portfolios).
- Provide fundamental research and analysis of predominately North American corporate securities from both a long and short perspective.
- Maintain primary coverage for more than one industry (industry specialist).
- Communicate with traders and risk management team on a daily basis.
- Communicate investment ideas both internally and externally.
What You Bring
- Industry Experience: 2 to 8 years of experience in a credit investment research role, buy-side or sell-side with a track record of investment decision-making ability.
- Education: Undergraduate degree in a related discipline. Completion of CFA is preferred.
- Knowledge: Experience with both long and short credit strategies is an asset.
- Technical Skills: Strong analytical skills with an ability to consolidate a large amount of information, including financial statement analysis into succinct written and verbal communications.
- Interpersonal Skills: Collaborative and team-oriented approach to working with others with a growth mindset.
Who We Are
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group Ltd. (“CC&LFG”) provides a broad range of traditional and alternative investment products and services to individuals, advisors and institutional investors. Our business comprises of eleven institutional investment affiliates that are responsible for investment decision making and client service, as well as distribution affiliates including Connor Clark & Lunn Private Capital, which provides multi-asset class investment solutions and Connor, Clark & Lunn Funds which distributes single-strategy investments to individual investors.
CC&LFG partners with each of its affiliates by contributing world class operations, product development expertise, broad distribution, and business management. We have grown from $29 billion in assets and 200 people in 2008 to approximately $90 billion in assets and over 640 people today. This has been accompanied by a high level of change in technology, types of assets managed, trading activity and geographic growth. As we look forward, we can see both opportunities and challenges for further growth that only reinforce our commitment to attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented people.
This is best achieved by:
- A High-Quality Environment: To work with people who we hold in high regard; to enjoy the time that we spend at work; to focus on productive activities without the distraction of politics and bureaucracy; to treat each other with respect.
- An Opportunity to Succeed: To do work that has value and which presents the opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Recognition and Reward: To recognize each person’s contribution and to align compensation with contribution.
CC&L is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or expression, disability, or age.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter as one PDF to our careers webpage here before July 25, 2021.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.