Retirement Education Specialist
Voya Financial Advisors®, Inc., a leading independent broker-dealer in the defined contribution & defined benefit business, is currently seeking Financial Representative to join our team in the New Mexico area to service a large plan sponsor relationship in Government market.
This position will be responsible for outreach, enrollment and retirement counseling for the voluntary, supplemental State of New Mexico 457b Deferred Compensation Plan administered by Voya Financial. The position will provide these services to all state and local government entities within the following counties of northern New Mexico: Santa Fe, Taos, Rio Ariba, Mora, San Miguel, Union, San Juan, Colfax, Harding, Union. The qualified candidate must possess the skills necessary to schedule and conduct group educational workshops, one on one retirement counseling appointments and recommend investment strategies offered by the Plan. The successful candidate must be a motivated, self-starter capable of working at your own pace with minimal supervision at your own home office. This position normally requires extensive driving travel within the northern section of New Mexico, however, due to COVID, most outreach is currently being presented virtually while restrictions are in place.
- Registered Representative with experience working defined contribution plans, 403(b), 457, and 401(a) preferred
- Securities registrations – Series 6, Series 63, Series 65 (or Series 66)
- Life & Health Insurance Licenses
- 3-5 Years proven sales track record in the financial services field preferred
- Desire to assist clients meet their financial and retirement goals
Education & Experience
- Strong understanding of the defined contribution marketplace (especially 457 plans)
- Good Presentation Skills
- Knowledge of rules/regulations around contribution limits, loans, withdrawals, and plan documents
- Territory management and business development
- Relationship building
- Fund knowledge