Data Quality Assurance Analyst
The Team: The pursuit of quality at Morningstar is deeply ingrained in our culture and it is a key part of the value we bring to our clients. Led by our Chief Technology Officer – James Rhodes, the independent Quality Team measures, builds, sustains, and owns the processes across the company that help us deliver quality data, products, and services.
The Role: The team seeks a self-motivated, analytical Data Quality Assurance Analyst to help develop and implement data quality projects to maintain and improve the quality of Morningstar databases. This role will work closely with Global Equity Data Operations team (located in Shenzhen and Mumbai) to provide measurement of data timeliness, completeness and accuracy, through executing the audit and benchmarking projects and participating in quality improvement projects.
• Perform Just-in-time and scheduled independent audit of Morningstar Equity databases which include Fundamental, Operating Metrics, Segments, Corporate Actions, Price, etc. and others on global scale; complete the expected samples assigned for different audit projects and commit to the deadline. Members must demonstrate high accounting and financial knowledge to efficiently perform the audit tasks.
• Identify and analyze data quality issue and defect reasons during the audit process. Communicate with operations team efficiently to get alignment on the errors detected. Participate and drive quality improvement processes.
• Lead an equity data audit sprint from initiating, planning, execution to reporting. Plan for project scope and timeline based on requirement and commit to the planed schedule. Compose audit report and present the results to data operations team and senior leaders.
• Maintain effective communication with equity data operations teams to understand project requirement, audit framework and principles.
• Retrospect and look for continuous process improvement.
Education: Post-Graduate with good credentials and/or some progress on CFA will be desirable.
• At least 2-years work experience with strong knowledge on equity data collections process and methodology. Excellent knowledge of accounting principles & financial statements data is required.
· Fluent English in both reading and writing; be able to host conference call and presentations
· Must fit company core values and is a team player.
· Must have strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
· Strong knowledge of Equity data, Financial Reporting and sound knowledge on Morningstar data points. Universes. Knowledge on quality dimensions, QA/data processes, Lean Six Sigma, RCA is a plus
· Having experience in leading a project or Quality improvement initiative is a plus
· Fast learning and flexibility to adapt new things and work with multiple tasks.
· Ability to collaborate with the global team and deliver quality outcomes under tight deadlines.
· Excellent analytic skills and a strong attention to detail
· Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook will be a plus
· Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities and deadlines
· Works cohesively with team members in pursuit of team & project goals. Participates in group activities within the team. Builds stable working relationships internally
· Effective cross-team communication and is a good coordinator
· Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
More searches like this
- Accounting/Audit/Tax Securities Exchange Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Banking Securities Exchange Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Buy Side Securities Exchange Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Equities Research: Sell Side Securities Exchange Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Operations Securities Exchange Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending) Full Time jobs in Bachelors