Indexing Investment Strategist
The role of Investment Specialist within Northern Trust Asset Management’s (NTAM) North American Institutional Group is designed to provide business management and client portfolio manager support in partnership with internal Sales, Service and Consultant Relations professionals. With over $700 billion in indexed strategies, the Investment Specialist will primarily be responsible for understanding and representing the breadth of capabilities across the index platform to institutional clients, prospects and consultants alongside distribution partners. Through those interactions, the Specialist will find opportunities to deepen the engagement with clients to include NTAM’s expanding array of quantitatively managed active strategies. Additionally, the Investment Specialist will work collaboratively with NTAM’s product management team to further enhance the competitiveness of NTAM’s indexed strategies
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding NTAM’s suite of capabilities and approach to managing indexed equity and fixed income strategies
- Developing insights into the competitive landscape and identifying areas where NTAM may differentiate its capabilities
- Positioning NTAM’s value proposition to clients/prospects
- Assist sales, service and consultant relations in pricing opportunities; develop awareness of competitively pricing landscape
- Partner with NTAM product management to share market insights and further develop the index capability set
- Contribute to thought leadership and seek opportunities to engage publicly
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- The successful candidate will be solutions-oriented with a consultative approach.
- Lead with a highly collaborative style with a focus and emphasis on working with colleagues across functions (including, but not limited to, product, sales, research, and clients).
- Possess commercial acumen and a results-oriented mindset. S/he will have a passion for equity and fixed income markets and the ability to communicate technical concepts at the appropriate level.
NECESSARY EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor degree; Master in Business Administration and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in the investment management industry, with a demonstrated track record of understanding and successfully positioning indexed strategies with large institutional clients.
- Series 63 and 7 will be required