Associate Relationship Manager - Institutional Client Group
The Associate Relationship Manager works alongside a Relationship Manager in the servicing of institutional clients of Northern Trust Asset Management. They will interact directly with clients to understand their servicing needs, respond to client requests and inquiries, and provide in-depth information about our products and services.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Communicate with clients and consultants to gain in-depth understanding of client servicing needs and opportunities.
- Coordinate, formulate, and implement plans and solutions in conjunction with internal and external partners.
- Act as the initial point of contact for complex client or partner inquiries for Asset Management products and services.
- Respond to inquiries by providing the requested information/analysis or referring the inquiry to the appropriate area for resolution. Stay abreast of new and existing investment products and services.
- Research and compile competitive information.
- Assist the Relationship Manager with the tracking and development of sales opportunities.
- Prepare presentations for client meetings.
- Provide oversight of the RFP/RFI process and coordinate due diligence requests.
- Assist with the coordination, implementation and onboarding of new investment clients and/or new products sold.
- Recommend enhancements to management for changes in processes, products, or services based on inquiries received and the client's experience.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Familiarity and working knowledge of Asset Management products and services.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Negotiation and leadership skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage conflicting priorities and workflows.
NECESSARY EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 1-2 years of Institutional client servicing and investment related experience.
- Experience with Salesforce, Institutional Investor Passport, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Writer a plus.
- Series 7 and 63 licenses required and must be obtained within the first 90 days of employment.