Institutional Sales Consultant
The Institutional Sales Consultant will partner with Sales Executives to drive new business development and manage client relationships within Latin America.
- Supports the Sales Executives in the execution of a strategic business plan to generate assets and grow market share in the region.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments.
- Develops business analytics regarding market sizing, market share and growth potential by channel and product/asset class. Utilizes this knowledge to position Vanguard products and services effectively.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the sales process and utilizes it to assist in moving clients and opportunities to the next stage. Partners with Sales Executive(s) to close new business opportunities within the region.
- Participates in meetings with Sales Executive(s) and clients.
- Assesses the needs of clients by asking targeted, high impact questions and positions the appropriate product and/or service that meet those needs. Asks for the client’s business.
- Works well in a team environment with Sales Executive(s) and other crew members, including crew in shared services functions in the U.S. and other international locations.
- Proactively supports broader corporate initiatives and participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Minimum two to three years of financial services experience.
- Broad knowledge of investment principles and concepts is preferred.
- Understanding of and passion for the capital markets.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills. Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Verbal and written Spanish and English proficiency required.
- High energy, motivated individual, committed to excellence.
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office software, with a proficiency level in MS Excel preferred.