Investment Manager, ESG investment & quantitative analysis
JOB PURPOSE (JOB SUMMARY):
Invesco is one of the largest fund managers and manages over USD1.3trillion assets globally. The group has over 30 years investment management experience in the region, with investment teams based in HK, China, Taiwan, Japan, Australia, Singapore and India. The Taipei Equity Investment Department is part of the investment function of Invesco group in the region, and is responsible for investment research, quantitative analysis, and portfolio management in the region. The incumbent should possess first class numerical/statistical, analytical and programming skills, who has a passion to develop career in ESG investment and quantitative analysis. He / She reports to the Head of ESG, Asia ex-Japan based in Taipei.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Define and develop systematic quantitative investment strategies for APxJ equities. The styles of strategies may include, but are not limited to, ESG, factor, beta, and managed volatility.
- Work together with Head of ESG, Asia ex-Japan and compile ESG information not only from company reports, but also from alternative data sources to generate proprietary models for ESG investing.
- Support development of the quantitative research capability and process in terms of modelling technique, research and IT infrastructure in the APAC region. Independently handle assigned research topics.
- Develop quantitative models and screens based on fund manager’s philosophy or proprietary ideas. Handle complex numerical analysis and simulations.
- Conduct ad-hoc analytics supports to the investment teams in the region.
- Ensure quantitative systems & database are properly maintained on a timely basis.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION
- University degree, preferably Master/PhD, in quantitative finance, finance engineering, risk management, statistics. Strong academic performance.
- License of Senior Securities Specialist or SITE/SICE Sales Specialist is a Must
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English
- At least 3-5 years relevant experience in ESG investment and/or quantitative research. Preferably in either buy or sell side.
- Strong statistical and financial modeling skills
- Proficient in Excel, VBA, R programming
- Knowledgeable in financial statement analysis
- Good understanding in financial markets, especially equity within APxJ region
- Prior experience in stock selection modeling, asset allocation, market timing, risk management are absolute advantages.
- Ideally, knowledge on Factset, Bloomberg, Barra system
- Fast learner and can work independently and under pressure
- Strong numerical sense, analytical skills and logical mind
- Highly committed and a good team player.