Pacific Asset Management, LLC is a $16bn credit focused asset manager specializing in U.S. corporate, bank loan, high yield, and CLO strategies. Founded in 2007, the firm manages fixed income strategies for both retail and institutional investors. The firm is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pacific Life Insurance Company and based in Newport Beach, CA.
We are looking for an individual to join our business development team as a senior associate. The individual is an integral part of the team responsible for developing new relationships with institutional investors and consultants along with servicing existing clients. The role is dynamic and is involved in all the client facing aspects of the firm including account and product management, consultant relations, and institutional sales. The successful candidate will have an interest in U.S. capital markets, along with a strong attention to detail and sense of ownership of responsibilities assigned. The position will be based in Newport Beach, CA.
- Participate in client meetings, on-sites, and conference calls by creating customized client reports and materials.
- Have ownership of monthly and quarterly client reporting such as questionnaires, portfolio data files, performance reports, and audit requests.
- Create and maintain on a monthly and quarterly basis marketing materials and presentations, populate consultant and industry databases, and portfolio risk and characteristic reports.
- Respond to client and prospect inquiries by working across various teams (Portfolio Management, Research, Compliance, Operations) to provide comprehensive and timely responses.
- Complete Requests for Proposal (RFP) from existing and prospective institutional clients.
- Support the production of portfolio commentaries, market, and economic updates by gathering economic/market/index data and drafting materials.
- Maintain CRM Systems (Salesforce) and support the development of marketing technology tools to improve the sales process along with internal and external reporting.
- Develop resources and improve the quality of the client experience by helping to standardize many workflows and tasks through technology applications and automation.
Factors for success
- 2-5 years’ work experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Indesign preferred
- Undergraduate degree required with pursuit of MBA or CFA a plus
- Have a strong attention to detail and sense of ownership of responsibilities assigned
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Be adaptable, willing to pitch in where needed and open to an evolving responsibility set as business needs change.
- Deals well with changing deadlines and priorities
- Experience in Salesforce, Hubspot, Factset, Qvidian, Index data tools, eVestment, or Bloomberg a plus.
Please apply through Pacific Life's job portal