Senior investment writer, principal
Overview: Wentworth Financial Communications is seeking an elite investment writer who has an entrepreneurial drive and is energized by the potential to become a principal at a boutique agency with impressive momentum. This is a rare opportunity to join the leadership team of a growing firm that already works with many of the world’s largest asset managers, as well as premier global investment banks, accounting firms, and private equity firms.
Ideal candidate: We are looking for a writer with deep knowledge of multiple asset classes and financial services business lines, as well as the ability to convey complex ideas in a compelling way across various forms of thought leadership and marketing content. In addition to creating content, the role provides the opportunity to manage client relationships, develop new business, and work directly with our CEO and COO to strengthen Wentworth’s marketing and operations. The role is ideal for an ambitious writer who wants to take his or her experience working for a large financial institution and become part of a small, growing team that has built a strong operational foundation. The role is also intriguing for an investment professional who is passionate about writing and content strategy and is looking to refocus his or her career on the communications and marketing side of the industry.
Our story: Scott Wentworth founded Wentworth Financial Communications in 2015 after serving for 11 years as the head writer at William Blair. Scott and the company’s COO, Connor Martin, have built Wentworth Financial Communications into a trusted content marketing and thought-leadership partner to some of the financial services industry’s most admired firms. Drawing on our expertise in content strategy, writing, and digital storytelling, we advise our clients on how to use content to elevate their brands—and then create white papers, blogs, e-books, infographics, videos, and other forms of thought leadership to bring those ideas to life. Our clients include some of the world’s largest asset managers, as well as global accounting firms, leading investment banks, boutique wealth managers, private equity firms, and fintech start-ups. Learn more about our work, our clients, and our story at wentworthwriting.com.
- Content development: Create institutional-caliber white papers, articles, blog posts, and other forms of content (as the lead writer and as the managing editor of other writers); interview clients’ subject-matter experts (SMEs) and marketing professionals; conduct independent research to supplement information provided by clients
- Content strategy: Advise clients on their strategy for developing and distributing content; identify the appropriate content types to support clients’ marketing goals
- Project management: Provide end-to-end management of projects to ensure that they are delivered on-time, on-budget, and in line with clients’ editorial standards and goals; provide support, direction, and editing for other writers
- Business development and account management: Manage and nurture existing client relationships; identify and develop new client relationships and lines of business
- Marketing and operations: Support our cross-channel marketing strategy (inbound, social media, and influencer); assist in creating blogs, newsletters, and other content; contribute to operational and back-office functions of running the business
- 10+ years of experience working in the financial services industry; preferably with 5+ years working in a role that is product-focused or client-facing
- Deep knowledge of at least two of the following verticals: institutional asset management, investment banking, auditing/accounting, private wealth management, private equity, or fintech
- Intellectual curiosity; not daunted by ambiguity or complexity; a strong desire to explore new subjects and dig deeper to find answers and verify information
- Can confidently lead interviews with corporate executives, portfolio managers, bankers, analysts, and other accomplished financial professionals
- Entrepreneurial mindset; energized by the opportunity to continue building on—and participating in—the growth of a young company with strong momentum
- Enjoys interacting with clients and Wentworth’s leadership team to diagnose issues and create solutions; anticipates roadblocks and clients’ needs as projects evolve
- Passionate about always improving as a writer and project manager; embraces feedback, advice, and growth opportunities
- Preferred: MBA and/or CFA, CPA, or CFP designation
Benefits of working with us
- Competitive starting salary with significant growth potential; opportunity to join the partnership with equity participation if performance goals are met
- Comprehensive health insurance; BCBSIL PPO plan options with a national network
- Become part of the leadership team of a young, growing company that already works with some of the most trusted brands in financial services and has built the operational infrastructure for continued growth
- Full-time role with flexible work hours and location; position is entirely remote; hours are adaptable to fit your personal needs within workflow requirements
- Input into what projects you pursue and which subjects you cover
- Opportunity to explore and write about trends that are shaping the markets, sectors, and asset classes that drive the global economy
- Chance to be part of a small, high-performing team that continually challenges ourselves to expand our knowledge and solve new strategic challenges for our clients and our firm
Contact information: If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Wentworth’s Chief Operations Officer, Connor Martin, at email@example.com.