Fixed Income Analyst
As a PAM Fixed Income Analyst you will:
- Research and analyze fixed income asset classes, portfolios, and investments of a highly complex nature, and exercise initiative and individual judgment in decision making.
- Perform due diligence and recommendation of third party investment managers for the FOCUS fixed income fund sleeves, including the qualitative review of the manager’s investment process and the quantitative analysis of performance attribution, portfolio characteristics, and style consistency. This includes facilitating meetings and performing onsite visits when necessary.
- Maintain technology and proficiently utilize PAM’s bond management software for improved portfolio management and oversight.
- Monitor accounts for compliance with style-specific investment policy; specifically, duration and credit quality guidelines, as well as account-specific guidelines and restrictions.
- Maintain files on credit securities; research credit downgrade instances and communicate to team along with recommendation.
- Facilitate all year-end tax planning reporting and analysis for fixed income accounts.
- Work with portfolio managers when client specific issues or requests arise and advise when accounts are drifting outside acceptable range. Coordinate and organize weekly Fixed Income team meetings to ensure assigned work is tracked and completed.
- Work with PAM Director of Fixed Income on exploring new investment opportunities.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of financial and investment principles, economics, and conditions affecting the market.
- Communicate perspectives on portfolios and managers to the PAM Fixed Income Oversight Committee and PAM Investment Committee in both verbal and written format. Participation in other duties/projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or other related field. Minimum of three years of investment industry experience; prior experience in investment consulting field preferred.
- A specialized professional designation (i.e. CFA, CIMA, CPA) or MBA with finance concentration is required.
- Series 7 and 66 licenses are required. Strong intellectual curiosity and tenacity required, as well as sound mathematical, statistical, computation, analytical, and research abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, work within deadlines, stay focused under pressure and produce accurate results.
- Ability to interpret mathematical and statistical concepts related to investment performance measurement and manager evaluation, with a high degree of accuracy and reliability.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Proven professional performance in a high-pressure, high-production, numbers oriented environment.
- Willingness to work extra hours when required. Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Outlook).
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.
More searches like this
- Credit Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Sell Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time jobs in Bachelors