Small Cap Analyst
Segall Bryant & Hamill is an investment firm headquartered in Chicago, Illinois with offices in Denver, CO; St. Louis, MO; Philadelphia, PA; and Naples, FL. Since our founding in 1994, we have grown over $23 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We provide fee-based investment management of equity, fixed income, and balanced investment portfolios. Our growing client list includes high net worth individuals and families, endowments, foundations, corporations, hospitals, public funds, and multi-employer plans across the country.
Segall Bryant & Hamill is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Title: Small Cap Analyst
Category: Small Cap
Employment Type: Full Time
Level: Entry Level
Location: St. Louis, MO or Chicago, Illinois
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
The Segall Bryant & Hamill (SBH) Small Cap team is seeking a small cap analyst candidate that is eager to develop their skills and knowledge across the small cap investment discipline. The primary purpose of this position is to provide research and analysis of companies in small cap portfolios and make recommendations to Portfolio Managers.
The ideal candidate for this role will have an entrepreneurial nature in which they are self-motivated and self-driven. The ideal candidate will demonstrate diversity of thought and be a critical thinker. This position will act as a generalist across sectors.
- Listen to conference calls, tracking competitor and industry trends, calling management and meeting with management at headquarters and at conferences.
- Valuation work to help the analyst and Portfolio Manager understand the risk and reward of the underlying company.
- Run screens to find new names to add to portfolios, consisting of the above research methods.
- Research and analysis communication to the appropriate portfolio managers via email, phone, team calls/meetings and face to face.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- CFA designation, or willingness to pursue the CFA designation.
- <3 years Buyside experience (even if only internship(s)) preferred.
- Very high attention to detail
- Intermediate to Advanced Proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated analytical (critical and creative thinking) capabilities.
- Strong numeric and problem-solving orientation
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Experience with software a plus: Factset
- Some Travel
All submissions must include a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Company website: www.sbhic.com
Apply via the SBH Career Center