Director of Capital Markets
CenterSquare is a global investment manager focused on actively managed real estate strategies. CenterSquare’s management team holds an average of 30+ years of experience, with expertise across real assets and the liquidity spectrum. CenterSquare’s growing suite of real estate strategies includes core plus, value-add and niche private equity real estate, core plus and high yield private real estate debt, and a broad spectrum of listed real estate strategies.
CenterSquare is proudly management-owned and employs over 90 professionals across its headquarters in Philadelphia and affiliate offices in Los Angeles, New York, London and Singapore. As of March 31, 2021, CenterSquare manages approximately $13 billion in assets on behalf of some of the world's most well-known institutional and private investors.
CenterSquare is looking to hire a Director of Capital Markets. This position will report directly to the Head of Capital Markets and will be responsible for a full range of activities related to the raising of capital for CenterSquare’s private real estate, listed real estate and debt fund offerings. The individual will also have investor relations responsibilities in the territory and will have an indirect reporting line to the Head of Investor Relations. The targeted client base is institutional investors including foundations, endowments, corporate and public pension funds located in the western U.S., western Canada and select countries in the AsiaPacific region. Ideally, the position will be based in CenterSquare’s Newport Beach, CA office, however the firm will consider candidates based in other Western U.S. metros.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Support all aspects of the marketing and fundraising cycle, including materials preparation, discussions with potential investors, management presentations, marketing, diligence and closing of capital commitments
• Actively develop and maintain client relationships, including providing on-going investor updates
• Continuously build and target new relationships with institutional investors, consultants and other real estate investors
• Meet with clients, prospects and consultants to educate them about our product offerings and deliver road show presentations
• Participate in the RFP process, assist in the design of collateral marketing materials and prepare performance presentations while working closely with the investor relations and marketing teams
• Contribute to new product design, development and launch
• Negotiate investment terms with potential investors and work with other functional areas of the company to onboard the investors.
• Attend industry and investor conferences and represent the firm in a variety of capacities designed to raise the identify and attractiveness of the firm and its products
• Carry out investor relationship responsibilities (maintain and grow) with assigned clients within the territory.
• Significant travel required
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in the institutional investment industry in a similar
capacity, with demonstrated experience in making client presentations and securing new
• Undergraduate degree in finance or finance related field
• CFA certification or MBA preferred
• Strong communication, listening, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with a wide range of individuals, from prospective
clients, Board members, consultants and existing managers and communicate with them on
general investment themes, market conditions, and other substantive matters
• Thorough knowledge of financial markets, specifically the firm’s products as well as competitive
real estate investment strategies
• Knowledge of legal structures, investment parameters, regulations, ERISA and UBTI matters is
• Proven ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment
• Proven track record as a collaborative team player
• Highly motivated, passionate and intellectually curious
• Candidates must have, or be willing to obtain the appropriate FINRA registration requirements
(Series 7 & 63)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our firm. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
No Visa Sponsorship