Director, Capital Markets Equities Research
Director, Capital Markets Equities Research
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
The Capital Markets arm of CIBC provides corporate, government and institutional clients with innovative solutions to help them raise capital, and grow and invest actively throughout North America and key financial centres around the world. To deliver on its vision to be our clients’ preferred capital markets banking partner across multiple products and services, both in Canada and where our core competencies can be exported. The Capital Markets mission is to bring Canadian Capital Markets products to Canada and the rest of the world, and also bring the world to Canada.
The Equities team at CIBC Capital Markets understands what institutional investors value most: original ideas, top service and performance. Whether it's Bay Street or Wall Street, CIBC World Markets Inc. is there with the depth and breadth of product to advise on and execute the decisions of the investment community - anywhere in North America.
How You’ll Succeed
As an Equity Research Analyst covering North American and International Metals & Mining companies, you are responsible for generating investment ideas and recommendations based on financial analysis and modeling, fundamental analysis (i.e. company fundamentals, business risk profile, strategic outlook, and industry analysis) and some technical analysis on stock prices. You will focus on several assigned companies; read their quarterly and annual financial statements to determine the value of each company and then estimate future earnings.
In this role, you will write reports that contain a reasonable basis from which an intelligent investor can make an informed decision; this can entail clarifying and highlighting the rationale for estimate changes, ratings changes, risk assessment and price target changes. Your responsibilities will also include the review of all published and presentation products for quality and competitive position.
Client Focus – You will participate in quarterly and annual conference calls with senior managements from your coverage group, investors and analysts from competing firms to get direct data and market intelligence. The position also provides the opportunity to liaise with our Sales, Trading, Investment Banking colleagues and clients as required.
Who You Are
- Education. Expert knowledge of the Metals & Mining sectors as evidenced by work experience in the industry, a technical background (engineering, geology, mining), along with an MBA or CFA, buy or sell-side experience.
- Work Experience. Experience covering Precious and Base Metal industries is our strong preference. Background in accounting and finance is also an asset.
- Technical Skills. Excellent knowledge of PC applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Collaborative. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal and external clients.
- Detail Oriented. Excellent analytical and quantitative skills. Ability to complete and explain detailed financial and statistical analysis. Strong multi-tasking and time management skills. Ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure foster innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-161 Bay St., 4th