The Associate Analyst is responsible for supporting the team’s efforts to analyze and invest client assets in the public equities of dynamic and growing U.S. companies, which are primarily small and mid-sized. Associate Analysts construct valuation models, perform in-depth industry analysis and research, support the team in meetings with executive management teams, gather information from internal and external research sources, and conduct other thematic thought projects.
• Conduct supporting due diligence on small and mid-sized U.S. based companies by communicating with industry participants and tracking domestic business news.
• Model and analyze financials of U.S. domiciled companies.
• Support equity analysts and portfolio managers as they assess the relative attractiveness of individual U.S. equities.
• Monitor and help analysts cover and predict various industry trends over time, across growth sectors such as health care, technology, consumer, financials, etc.
• Follow legislative and political developments that may bear on portfolio companies and the macroeconomic environment, gathering relevant data as appropriate.
• Give analytical help to analysts as they identify promising investment themes.
• Join analysts and portfolios in meetings with executive management teams.
• Bachelor’s degree, showing a high level of achievement.
• Minimum of 2 years experience.
• Intellectual curiosity and aptitude to perform company, industry, and economic analysis.
• Strong desire to learn the ropes of active equity investing and support the team in a multitude of ways.
• Proficiency with research tools, such as Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong math skills.
• Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team, which includes the ability to be flexible and adaptable and take initiative on one’s own.
• Detail-oriented and motivated to double-check work to find errors.
• Organized and responsive.
• Confident personality with ability to make a persuasive argument.
• Eligibility to work in U.S. without company sponsorship.
• Fluency in English.
• Progress toward the CFA designation.
*Demonstrated track record of success
About Our Company
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.