Portfolio Manager, Spain, Portugal & Italy
Sobre a vaga The Portfolio Manager (PM) position is responsible for delivering the full life cycle of real estate activities (plan, design, build/lease, operate, maintain) for Microsoft’s real estate portfolio in the region. We are looking for someone who has had an experience into delivering Real Estate projects for either Banking or Technology firms only. The portfolio covered by this role comprises 337K sqft, and growing, across 9 locations housing circa 3,000 staff with the position reporting into the Western Europe Regional Lead. The position has management responsibility for vendor staff and will be based in Lisbon. This individual will work proactively as the CRM with the Global Sales, Marketing and Operations Leadership teams in the various countries to identify opportunities where RE&F initiatives can add value both from a Real Estate Strategy and long-range planning perceptive and work collaboratively to develop regional-specific implementation plans. They will be responsible for achieving measurable year-over-year improvements in quality, service, and business satisfaction.
The role will be based out of our office in Lisbon which is a fantastic office and example of our inclusive work culture that celebrates diversity. We have offices in key city locations throughout the above listed countries and this role has regular travel to these locations.
This role ensures alignment of business and RE&F requirements consistent with achieving agreed upon annual objectives. Scope of responsibility includes: 1) participating in RE&F operational planning, including defining the operational plans for all regional facilities consistent with business objectives, 2) driving execution of Real Estate and Facilities management across the portfolio, 3) optimizing the total RE&F expense in partnership with site services sourcing teams, 4) achieving continuous improvement in the quality and effectiveness of facilities managed and services delivered, and 5) delivering workplace build outs where required and services that support and enhance the productivity of our employees housed in the facilities.
The role needs to ensure alignment between the RE&F strategy and RE&F activities at site levels. Manage the operational relationship with the RE&F supplier base. Participate in proactive planning and management of the region's real estate portfolio whilst ensuring that RE&F is in compliance with all statutory regulations and Microsoft policies and controls. Successful delivery of the RE&F services and projects within the country, including capital plans, forecasting, rhythm of business (RoB), and budgeting. Drive breadth of facilities management services within the region, facilities helpdesk, health and safety, A/V, reception, and courier services, waste and cleaning, etc. Provide a safe working environment for all FTEs and vendors and set expectations of the controllers and client group executives in the areas of real estate processes, schedule, workplace strategies and costs. Deliver respective business reviews and drive business initiatives for the improvement and development of Microsoft's overall business model. Ensure that real estate market opportunities are proactively pursued. Recommend and implement activities to capture operational and financial benefits for Microsoft.
Primary position responsibilities include:
- Drive multiyear planning for the real estate portfolio, including strategy, business, financial and operational planning in alignment with the RE&F organization global and regional goals and client strategy.
- Effectively leverage 3rd party vendors to deliver RE&F management services on time and within budget, consistent with the needs of the business client.
- Create and drive community and teams within the campus, encompassing all areas of the employee experience.
- Ensure participation and compliance with regional and global RE&F programs, policies, standards, and best practices.
- Ensure effective regional and local partnerships with supporting peer organizations: Microsoft Technology, Procurement, Finance, Legal Corporate Affairs and HR and foster service delivery integration to business clients.
- Oversee and ensure successful delivery of the RE&F services and projects with financial rigor and accountability to include capital planning, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Understand, forecast, and anticipate physical facility requirements and related service needs. Develop and frame documentation and business cases to accurately and comprehensively articulate planned or emergent headcount and special use requirements.
- Manage the execution of projects and approved occupancy plans across stakeholder groups aligning business objectives with established portfolio optimization criteria, within approved timelines and expectations.
- Facilitate excellent communications with clients and stakeholders, maintain and share all relevant information and/or lessons learned through a knowledge management-based platform.
- Employ a systematic approach on occupant satisfaction at both the account and service delivery levels.
- Ensure continuous process improvement programs are in place and that cost savings opportunities are identified and implemented.
- Drive action and decisions, supported by analytical rigor and data, among clients and partner stakeholders by utilizing and facilitating an awareness of business needs and priorities at multiple levels within the company. Proactively engage with clients and partners to solve problems and effectively balance specific client needs with the broader Microsoft interests.
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory regulations and Microsoft policies and controls.
The successful candidate must have the following skill set:
- Ability and desire to drive solutions, problem solve, and to lead in a fast-paced/dynamic organization.
- 5+yrs of work exprience into Real Estate project delivery within Technology or Banking domain.
- Ability to see the long-range perspective, apply forecasted information in developing and prioritizing strategic plans.
- Experience bringing diverse groups together and leading collaborative discussions with effective outcomes.
- Confident presentation skills and experience working with senior leadership to reach long and short-term solutions.
- Understanding of workplace, financial, and organizational capabilities to effectively interpret client input into successful delivery of Corporate Real Estate.
- Ability to utilize business intelligence, data, and enterprise value to positively influence client and partner stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Ability to plan at both a strategic and execution level.
- Ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Passion and energy for enabling the employee experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft business operations, business groups, and managing teams at Microsoft is a plus.
- B.A or B.S. in Business Management, Facilities Management, Finance, Architecture, or Engineering or other related fields. Real estate and Facilities industry certification are a plus.
- Strong communications (written and verbal) skills; proficient in English (written and spoken) and demonstrated experience in negotiations and influencing skills at a senior level.
- A willingness to travel up to 35% of the time.
- Ability to impact & influence clients.
- Project and program management skills.
- Ability to analyse problems and opportunities, conclude direction and make critical decisions.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and drive towards effective decision making.
- High customer service orientation.
- Strong individual accountability and execution.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.